parizad-mangi
22nd September 2013

Top 5: Travel Films

Parizad Mangi gives us her top 5 films that’ll make you long for next summer!

5. Before Sunrise

This sweet and succinct love story unravels in the charming European city of Vienna. As the film progresses, you will fall in love not only with the two protagonists but also their surroundings, just as they fall in love with each other in the span of a day.

4. Breakfast at Tiffany’s

Evergreen beauty Audrey Hepburn stars in this cinematic classic that takes place in New York. Here we get to follow our heroine Holly Golightly on her eccentric and amorous adventures in the city that never sleeps (and looking fabulous and fashionable while doing so).

3. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

This little British gem brings you the colourful and vibrant allure of India with the trademark Brit humour you would expect. It’s the perfect mixture of spices that makes it a treat to watch.

2. Midnight In Paris

The old and the new charm of the city of love adorn our screens as we explore Paris through Woody Allen’s quixotic lenses. In what is probably his most successful and acclaimed work in recent times, this Parisian escapade will awaken your wanderlust.

1. Mamma Mia!

If this movie doesn’t fill you with the urge to immediately pack your bags and take the next flight out to Greece, you can sue me. Adapted to the big screen from the iconic musical, with sing-along numbers from ABBA and a joyous spirit, this takes the top spot for being the perfect getaway film to immerse your senses in. Let the goddess Aphrodite lead the way!

The necessity of Oakley’s Blue Jean

The Mancunion went to the preview and premiere of Blue Jean followed by a Q&A with the filmmakers behind the project

Get your popcorn ready for 2023’s biggest movies

A comprehensive preview of 2023’s most anticipated blockbuster movies

A brave and bold new direction for DC

Have some characters from the upcoming DC movies got you scratching your head? Read for more info on these DC D-List heroes

The Fabelmans review: An ode to the power of the motion picture

Steven Spielberg’s semi-autobiographical film The Fabelmans is a moving tribute to the movies that made him