Preview: Med School @ Mint Lounge

Experimental DnB label Med School hits Mint Lounge on the 30th January.

Manchester is quickly becoming one of the country’s most exciting hot spots for Drum and Bass and on the 30th January, one of DnB’s biggest labels will be coming to Manchester for their first ever showcase.

Started as a sister label to the world-venerated Hospital Records, experimental sub-label Med School has really come into its own these last few years and the January Hit & Run show will showcase some of its finest upcoming talent.

Recent singing, Etherwood’s Album was one of the biggest Dance Music releases last year and received a whopping 9/10 from the Mancunion itself.

Meanwhile, having been named in Knowledge Magazine’s top 20 producers to watch out for in 2013, respected producer Keeno will be repping for Manchester University as a current Music student. Having just released debut EP ‘Nocturne’, one of the most anticipated DnB debuts of 2014, it promises to be an exciting show.

Grab your for the Hit & Run Med School show before they sell out HERE.

Party Like Gatsby will see the O2 Ritz turned into a 1920s speakeasy

Party Like Gatsby returns to O2 Ritz after three long years with Soirée Royale – its biggest party yet!

Album review: Maja Lena pushes her musical boundaries on PLUTO

Maja Lena’s winning combination of folk drawing on electronic elements transports us to an imagined planet

Mogwai: “I feel our music, to the music world, is like a Louis Theroux documentary”

The Mancunion talk to Mogwai’s Barry Burns about the band’s 25 year career, spanning powerful live shows and soaring film scores

Pop for a Dying Planet: CMAT shares new single Mayday

A deep dive into the latest track, ‘Mayday’, from Irish singer-songwriter and rising star CMAT