faye-waterhouse

Raspberry Valentine Muffins

Nothing expresses your feelings better than a big old basket of muffins, so give these lemon and raspberry buns a go.
For someone special.
Ali Ebright

Looking for an outrageous romantic gesture of simply looking to consoling yourself this Valentine’s Day? Either way, these muffins fit the bill every time.

Makes approximately 6 muffins

Ingredients

•             100g ground almonds

•             30g plain flour

•             115g butter (softened)

•             3 egg whites

•             130g icing sugar

•             Zest of 2 lemons

•             100g frozen raspberries

1.            Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 180 degrees Celsius (fan).

2.            Line a muffin tin with a little butter and melt the rest.

3.            Sift the flour and icing sugar together in a bowl then add the almonds and combine the ingredients.

4.            Whisk the egg whites in a separate bowl and when they begin to form soft peaks add to the other bowl along with the zest and melted butter and gently fold together.

5.            Put a dollop of each mixture into the muffin tin and squash about 3 raspberries in the centre leaving them half visible.

6.            Bake for 25 minutes and leave in the tins for a while before turning out to cool. The raspberries will become syrupy in the muffin making them light and moist.

The Alchemist Cosmic Supper Club review: Unlocking celestial delights

The Alchemist have launched an exciting new way to experience their magic with the new Cosmic Supper Club

Brunch at Santé: A slice of sun

Santé offers the perfect spot for a sunny al fresco brunch, topped off with student-budget friendly deals and a brilliantly Mediterranean inspired menu

Giving ‘Too Good To Go’ a go!

Is ‘Too Good To Go’ the sustainable, money saving app that students need to download?

Cooking a week of TikTok recipes on a student budget

Cooking inspiration can be hard to come by as a busy student, which is why I tried out a week’s worth of TikTok recipes to see if exciting meals could be achieved on a student budget