Pub of the week: Jackson’s Boat

Sam & Charlie review another South Manchester pub for those looking to try a new drinking venue.

This is a pub for the day-trippers. Situated on the banks of the River Mersey, Jackson’s Boat dates back to the 1730s and is one of Manchester’s oldest pubs. The name comes from an old farmer called Jackson who once ferried people across the river. Eventually the ferry was replaced by a bridge and the inn on the bank became the pub. The building is a weird combination of old and new, with a red brick façade and a puzzling paddle steamer-shaped rear. The interior was a little dated, with dark corners and staring animal heads, but the pubs main draw is its expansive and leafy beer garden which would trump anything M14 can offer on a summer’s day. This pub is great for thirsty cyclists to use as an end or midpoint to a trip as it is not far from the end of the Fallowfield loop, and were the wheels to fall off your £30 gumtree bike there is a bicycle repair shop next door.

Drinks: Timothy Taylor, Aspall and EPA on tap and a standard selection of lagers.
What’s on: Hosts multiple dog shows throughout the year for all you canine lovers.
Get There: Follow the Fallowfield loop to Chorlton, go through Chorlton Park and then follow cycle route signs to Sale waterpark. Takes around 20 minutes.

http://www.jacksonsboat.co.uk/

Live life to the Luxe!

Live life to the Luxe!

PizzaLuxe has teamed up with Double Dutch for a new summer drinks menu and a great dinner deal!
Hawkins comes to Deansgate – Stranger Things Bottomless Brunch at Rendition

Rendition introduced their ultimate themed bottomless brunch this weekend with a glimpse into the world of Hawkins.
A Blues Kitchen review that won’t give you the blues

Blues Kitchen impresses once again with their unique decor, delicious cocktails, and incredible tacos
Get a taste of la dolce vita this weekend at Festa Italiana

Check out Festa Italiana this bank holiday weekend with a host of different food and drink vendors, live music and masterclasses to transport you to the Italian peninsula