josephine-harrington

Recipe: Leek and Black Pudding Tart

Josephine Harrington guides us through the stages of cooking a Leek and Black Pudding Tart

Tarts are a great summer recipe, easy to make (especially if you have bought the pastry!) and they look fabulous. Black pudding is a favorite of mine at the moment, some people think it is a bit gruesome but personally I love the taste, even more so mixed with the sweet gently cooked leeks. Winning combo!

Ingredients:

– Leeks

– Black pudding

– Eggs

– Milk

– Creme fraiche

– Oil

– Pepper

– Grated cheese

– Shortcrust pastry (or shop bought if you’d like to cheat – it works perfectly!)

Preparation time: One hour

Method:

Start by heating a generous glug of oil in a frying pan. Add two washed and sliced leeks and allow to stew gently for 15 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes until the leeks are soft and sweet. While the leeks are cooking, line a tart dish which shortcrust pastry and turn the oven on to 190ºC. Make the filling by mixing two whole eggs, two egg yolks, 100ml of milk, 100ml of creme fraiche, 100g of cheese (which ever flavour takes your fancy but cheddar does work well) and season with a little salt and pepper. Once the leek mixture is cooked and cooled slightly mix with the egg and spoon into the pastry. Top with cut pieces of black pudding-in whichever pattern desired and cook for 45 minutes. Serve with salad leaves.

Coffee shops return with a latte new festive drinks

With so many festive additions, which menus will make you frappé this Christmas?
Christmas at FOLK with all the trimmings

Wanting to impress your parents with Manchester’s best suburban spot? Cool, classy, independent, and delicious: folks, it time to get yourselves down to FOLK
THE BUTCHER is the bun for me

THE BUTCHER is the bun for me

Manchester’s latest burger destination is bound to blow your mind
Review: I love Fruit and Veg from Europe

‘I love Fruit and Veg from Europe’ took us on a culinary journey through a menu of nutritious and delicious fruit and veg!