james-broadway

The Go Abroad Fair

The Go Abroad Fair will see the university’s various international programmes gather under one roof for all interested students

This year’s Go Abroad Fair (10th November) is gearing up to be bigger and better than ever!

The University of Manchester’s Internationalisation Strategy commits the university to “increasing the number of UK domiciled students undertaking a period studying, working or volunteering overseas by 40 per cent by 2020.” Given the already significant number of undergraduates engaging in international programmes, this target is a tall order. Therefore, the International Programmes Office is placing a greater focus than ever on this November’s ‘Go Abroad Fair’, at which the various areas of international programmes at the university gather under one roof—or one tent, to be exact!

As ever, the Fair will provide the opportunity to talk to students representing our many partner universities but in addition, this year there will also be spokespeople from working and volunteering abroad. Short-Term programmes overseas such as the University’s Summer School at Seoul National University in South Korea and the Generation UK-India programme will also be advertised at the Fair.

Advice and guidance for those travelling overseas will also be provided by the Student Money Adviser and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. With all of these excellent resources at one’s fingertips, the Go Abroad fair will surely prove to be an invaluable asset to those researching their international options during their degree and those wishing to put together a successful and well-informed application to study abroad.

The International Exchange Programme (also known as Study Abroad) is but one aspect of the university’s vast catalogue of overseas programmes. Therefore, we hope that the expanded scope of this year’s Fair will convince hundreds of students from all disciplines to get involved with the wide array of overseas opportunities available to them: working, studying, volunteering and even shorter-term cultural immersion programmes across the globe.

From Australia to Argentina, Canada to China, Italy to Israel and South Korea to Sweden, there is somewhere and something for everyone to engage with during their degree. Attending the Go Abroad Fair is the vital first step of an incredible and enriching journey. So come along and get involved!

The Fair takes place between 11am and 4pm outside University Place.