jenny-sterne

Police still looking for key witness in Fallowfield rape

Greater Manchester Police appeal to the student community to help in the search for the key witness in the Fallowfield rape case

Last month a 19-year-old student was raped in Fallowfield on her way home from a night out in the city centre. After the attack police believe she was walked home by their key witness, whom they are still looking for.

Detectives describe the witness as white and skinny with messy brown hair made into a quiff. On the night he was wearing black skinny jeans and a black leather jacket. Greater Manchester Police now believe that the key witness they are looking for in the Fallowfield rape could be a freshers student.

The witness met the victim at the bus stop near McDonald’s on Wimslow Road after she had been attacked. Police say they believe he then walked her safely home through Fallowfield, but later left without leaving any details.

Officers stress that he is not a suspect and they do not believe he harmed the victim in any way. They however believe that he could have vital evidence for the case.

Detectives are appealing for students to help find him and they believe that he is probably a fresher.

Det Insp Damian Simpson told the MEN: “We need to stress that he [the witness] is not a suspect and we don’t think he’s harmed this female in any way. He has looked after her and made sure she had got home okay. If you are the witness we’re looking for, please contact us.

“We would also like to speak to anyone who saw this couple walking together. We have already released a description of him, and she is a white female.”

The 19-year-old victim was raped on Wednesday, October the 7th between the hours of midnight and 4:30am and met the witness during this period.

Anyone with information should call police on 0161 856 1911 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.