aj-mal

Diary of a Tinder Addict

Looking for love in all the wrong places…

Swipe, swipe, swipe

Stacey has found herself matching, chatting, flirting and arranging dates with new men in the most unusual of places.

Swipe, swipe, swipe. Flicking through potential love interests with a wave of a finger, Stacey wondered how long she would have to wait to hear back from Will, her date from the night before last. “Call him, text him, Facebook message? Definitely don’t call… who does that now anyway?”

She sends a text and waits…

Still waiting on the bus to uni… considering replying to the good looking photo with the standard cheesy opening: Heyyy. Possibly the least pervy message she received in the last 24 hours.

During lectures, and Will has posted on Instagram and Facebook, yet no reply… Stacey considers updating status to: Fuming.

Messages sent over lunch and revenge date arranged for tonight. Also just recognised recent Tinder match after passing on street. Definitely worse in real life.

Her non-stop 20-second cycle of looking at her phone screen, responding to messages, and just seeing if there was anyone new online has become an addiction. She knows this because her date has just told her. First date dress and makeup on, butterflies in her stomach on the way to the bar, but completely bored and wondering how to make an early exit before she has finished her first drink.

He said he was into comics and rolled his eyes when she said she likes all types of music. Why did she agree to a meal… rookie mistake.

It’s going to be a long night. She reaches for her phone as the red flame beckons…

Agony Aunt Angela: Friday and I’m in love

Catching feelings is never easy, especially when they live hundreds of miles away. How do you get over it and find love closer to home?
Agony Aunt Angela: Examining your stress

Exam stress can be all-consuming at times, but how do you stay productive without becoming a shell of yourself?
Agony Aunt Angela: Trapped by tears

Agony Aunt Angela: Trapped by tears

A student stuck in a toxic relationship needs out, but can’t seem to stay single for long. Can Aunt Angela help them dump their ex guilt free?
A Fresher’s Guide to: Student cleaning

A Fresher’s Guide to: Student cleaning

Planning on making friends at university, or bringing someone back to your place? Do yourself a favour and keep a hygienic home!