soph-soar

The New Year’s realistic resolutions

Soph Soar discusses the real investment of fitness fashion for those whose New Year’s resolutions aren’t going to plan

The turkey was stuffed and the wine was drunk, the mince pies were filled and the pudding was lit. Nobody cares about just one more chocolate, or the turkey sandwiches, curries, and pies to finish the last morsel, mouthful and crumb…

The end of the festivities is a saddening time as we say goodbye to our relatives and holiday leave, to rediscover life responsibilities and the long lost sports bra at the back of the cupboard. The new tidings bring New Year’s Resolutions with the motivational jogging pants to facilitate such challenges.

However, at The Mancunion, we foresee all realistic outcomes. So for the resolutions that last (the compulsory minimum of) five days, we recommend some multi-purpose sportswear that can integrate further into your daily wardrobe aside from the sporadic jog around the park.

The ever-increasing range of sportswear is so loved when half price in the January sales to coincide with the end of January exams. To celebrate appropriately, look no further than Nike’s fluorescent sports bras or Fabletics’ Tribal Knot Bra for the ideal clubbing undergarments.

For those smarter occasions, complement your formal attire with Missguided’s rose bodysuit, or simply treat yourself to their Active Printed teal runner shorts to wear whilst recharging energy levels on the sofa with a much needed cuppa.

In the words of Carrie Bradshaw, “shopping is my cardio.” So if the dumbbells and weights, cross trainers, or rowing machines fail to enthuse you, shut down your Internet and return to shopping the old fashioned way.

Celebrity Style Guide #2: Zoë Kravitz

We explore the fashion staples of actress and model Zoë Kravitz, known for her elegant but effortless-looking outfits

Are our ‘wellness’ habits actually keeping us well?

In the era of micro trends, influencers, and overconsumption, what does ‘wellness’ actually mean?

My favourite fragrance

Looking for a new signature scent? Or just wondering what fragrance your library crush is wearing? Either way, our experts have weighed in on their favourite perfumes and colognes

Statement red carpet looks from the 2024 Grammys

Four of the most impactful red carpet looks from the 66th annual Grammy Awards, from Billie Eilish to Lenny Kravitz