• Deal reached in Junior Doctors dispute subject to membership ballot

charlie-spargo

Deal reached in Junior Doctors dispute subject to membership ballot

Following months of disagreement which saw the first-ever strike by doctors, an agreement has been reached on Junior Doctor contracts

A compromise has finally been reached in the long-running dispute regarding contract changes for junior doctors, it has been reported.

The bitter argument between the Health Secretary and the British Medical Association has run since late 2015 and seen the first walkout of Junior Doctors in history, in protest of what was seen as “dangerous” behaviour from Jeremy Hunt, who wants to see the NHS move to a “seven-day” model.

The last bout of industrial action saw emergency care withdrawn by Junior Doctors as well, though public support has remained strong for the medics throughout the debate.

Talks have been supervised by the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) over the past 10 days, and today it was announced that a compromise settlement for the contract has been reached.

It cannot be implemented, however, until it is approved by the membership of the BMA, which numbers 45,000.

Staff satisfaction declining, new survey finds

The University of Manchester’s new staff survey has found staff are less satisfied with pay, benefits, and their overall wellbeing

“Appetite” for escalation, says UoM Rent Strike

The University of Manchester Rent Strike claims to have withheld half a million pounds in rent, and have threatened to escalate the strike further