tara-bharadia
2nd March 2017

Tracks of the Week: 6th March

You’re not the only one longing for summer in the midst of this winter-spring slump, let Tara Bharadia’s picks from the past week help

1. ‘Slide’ — Calvin Harris (feat. Frank Ocean & Migos)

This collab was teased a mere week before the track dropped, and it’s fair to say fans weren’t disappointed. Harris’ production is finally showing some development with less of the heavy drums we’ve been getting just a little bored of. But Frank and Migos totally steal the show in a way that makes it a song we’ll still be listening to in a few months’ time, while sprawled out on the beach.

2. ‘Victoria Falls’ —Flyte

If you’re a fan of up-and-coming bands, then Flyte are the ones for you. With a wealthy library of singles released over the past few years, this track has been released in the run-up to their eagerly-awaited new album. The London-based group have found their sound with elusive lyrics, ever-changing styles and their newest stuff is definitely trance-worthy.

3. ‘Lookin Exotic’ — Future

Whether you are a fan of Future or not, there’s something for everyone on his recently-released back-to-back albums. ‘Lookin Exotic’ is off HNDRXX, the second of the two releases, and features a new and brighter spin on his heavy trap influences. It’s the epitome of current hype tracks and shows off Future’s talents in the best way. His never-fading passion is so clear in this track that it’ll make you feel stronger after just one listen.

Tara Bharadia

Tara Bharadia

Section Editor for Puzzles and Horoscopes

Fat White Family’s Lias Saoudi is circling around the Post-Punk cul-de-sac

Now that Fat White family have returned with ‘Forgiveness Is Yours’, lead-singer Lias Saoudi has a lot more to say about post-punk, lyricism, and being a Londoner

Peter Bibby – Drama King: A tragic and unpredictable opus

Infusing the classic songwriting of Dylan and Springsteen with Australian wit and dive bar narratives, Peter Bibby’s latest album constantly surprises

Tenacious D live in Manchester: The metal bring the fire

Jack Black’s rock-comedy project Tenacious D stopped off in Manchester on their ‘Spicy Meatball’ tour, performing to 20,000 fans at the AO Arena

Sour Grapes Records’ ‘Meltchester’: Mancunion music community at its finest

Manchester’s own Sour Grapes Records brings Meltchester to town again at Projekts Skatepark