talia-g-lee-skudder

Soap and Glory are back

Get ready for a day led by the top women in business

This Wednesday, the 10th May, Soap and Glory are making a return to the University of Manchester campus but this time have collaborated with the Manchester Enterprise Centre to impart their wisdom on how to be a successful businesswoman.

Following their last appearance on campus which saw the brand head to Manchester in a big pink bus, handing out amazing freebies, a braid bar and dance classes, the ‘She’s the Business’ event is certainly not to be missed! The day includes talks from top speakers in the industry, including S&G, Seed, Esporta, Johnny’s Sister and many more.

As well as getting excellent advice from industry professionals, the day also includes interactive workshops tackling issues such as confidence and social media. The workshops include a session run by Jo Grobbelaar – from This Great Life, who will give a talk on how to balance work and play – something all of us need to master before we dive into the real world of 9-5 jobs.

As well as Grobbelaar, Soap and Glory’s very own Lizzie Newell – Social Media Manager – and Jasmin Rafferty – Community Assistant Manager – will give a talk on how to launch and maintain your digital presence to help give you a head start in your chosen industry.

The event is absolutely free; all you need to do is register here for your tickets! The event is being held in Lecture Theatre B in University Place, smaller workshops will be held on the fourth and fifth floor. The event begins at 9am, so prepare yourself for an early start. It is sure to be a fantastic and inspiring day where you can hear expert advice from the top women in business. Don’t miss out!

The evolution of Coachella fashion: From glam to casual, has the fun faded?

Looking back at the biggest festival of the year and why it was such a disappointment for fashion fans

On screen style report #8: Samantha Jones

How would the original girlboss, Samantha Jones, tear up Manhattan in 2024? One showstopping look at a time…

The most iconic closets from TV and Film

Closets that never end, closets that pick your outfit for you, and closets controlled with a remote… ah the life of a fictional girlboss

Summer’s best defence: The top five sunscreen picks for your skincare

Shield your skin from harmful UV rays with our top five sunscreen picks; from lightweight formulas to advanced skincare benefits, these sunscreens offer protection and nourishment for summer-ready skin