talia-g-lee-skudder

Soap and Glory are back

Get ready for a day led by the top women in business

This Wednesday, the 10th May, Soap and Glory are making a return to the University of Manchester campus but this time have collaborated with the Manchester Enterprise Centre to impart their wisdom on how to be a successful businesswoman.

Following their last appearance on campus which saw the brand head to Manchester in a big pink bus, handing out amazing freebies, a braid bar and dance classes, the ‘She’s the Business’ event is certainly not to be missed! The day includes talks from top speakers in the industry, including S&G, Seed, Esporta, Johnny’s Sister and many more.

As well as getting excellent advice from industry professionals, the day also includes interactive workshops tackling issues such as confidence and social media. The workshops include a session run by Jo Grobbelaar – from This Great Life, who will give a talk on how to balance work and play – something all of us need to master before we dive into the real world of 9-5 jobs.

As well as Grobbelaar, Soap and Glory’s very own Lizzie Newell – Social Media Manager – and Jasmin Rafferty – Community Assistant Manager – will give a talk on how to launch and maintain your digital presence to help give you a head start in your chosen industry.

The event is absolutely free; all you need to do is register here for your tickets! The event is being held in Lecture Theatre B in University Place, smaller workshops will be held on the fourth and fifth floor. The event begins at 9am, so prepare yourself for an early start. It is sure to be a fantastic and inspiring day where you can hear expert advice from the top women in business. Don’t miss out!

Vivienne Westwood: The ‘Queen of British Fashion’ and her orb

We take a look at the life and works of the much-loved Dame Vivienne Westwood, from visiting Buckingham Palace commando to telling people not to buy clothes. Who was the Queen of fashion?

Make-up Soc’s guide to Winter glam

Check out the President of Makeup Society’s guide to winter glam makeup for the holiday season this year

In the Beauty Bag #11: Union Affairs Officer Sam Bronheim

Recent graduate and SU representative Sam Bronheim shares her beauty journey, tips she learnt from her mom and makeup bargains

Frosty elf chic: From the runway to TikTok, this seasons Winter trends

Winter trends are back with a boom and this year has seen a real change-up in Winter uniform, taking inspiration from several time periods, weather, and designer favourites from the runway