• Music event to raise money for anti-trafficking society

cameron-broome

Music event to raise money for anti-trafficking society

“Help us fight exploitation while having a good night!” said president of the Students Against Human Trafficking society ahead of upcoming musical fundraiser

The University of Manchester Students Against Human Trafficking society is hosting a live music event to raise money for charity “Stop The Traffik”.

On the 18th of October in Solomons Cafe Bar, Withington, the society will host an event titled “Sing For Freedom” in celebration of National Anti-Slavery day.

Entry is free but raffle tickets will be sold throughout the night and donations will be welcome, raising funds for “Stop The Traffik”, an NGO that works on human trafficking prevention.

Raffle prizes include a £40 restaurant voucher, drinks, a Junkyard golf voucher and other drinks prizes!

Organiser of the event and president of the society, Tor Gosling, said: “There are currently more slaves in the world today than there have been at any point before in global history. Tens of thousands of those slaves are in the UK, being exploited in our home cities and towns.

UoM Students Against Human Trafficking works with two charities, Stop the Traffik and Hope for Justice in the hopes of stopping the slave trade and getting help to its victims. On Wednesday 18th, we’re having a fundraiser for that goal — we’re hosting a live music event, Sing For Freedom, at Solomon’s bar. With a line-up of five local live music acts and a raffle with prizes such as a £40 Wagamama’s voucher, you can help us fight exploitation while having a good night!”

A guest speaker from “Stop the Traffik” will also attend the event, and live music artists are set be be announced.

Staff satisfaction declining, new survey finds

The University of Manchester’s new staff survey has found staff are less satisfied with pay, benefits, and their overall wellbeing

“Appetite” for escalation, says UoM Rent Strike

The University of Manchester Rent Strike claims to have withheld half a million pounds in rent, and have threatened to escalate the strike further