Two handfuls of new potatoes
One bunch of fresh lemon thyme
Salt and pepper
Two tbsp sunflower oil
One large red onion
One tbsp each of red wine vinegar and light brown sugar
One large red chilli
Two cloves garlic
One large lemon
200ml chicken stock
One tbsp plain flour
One tbsp each of dried oregano and dried thyme
One handful fresh flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 190C. Chop the new potatoes in half and add to a roasting dish with the fresh thyme and a pinch each of salt and pepper and the oil. Roast these for approximately 40 minutes or until crisp, turning every fifteen minutes.
- Chop the onion and add to a pan on a gentle heat with the sugar and vinegar. Cook these on a low heat until the onions have become to caramelise, approximately 15 minutes.
- Add to the pan the garlic and the chilli, both finely diced, and cook for five minutes.
- Zest and then juice the lemon and add half of each of these to the pan, along with the chicken stock. Bring the heat to the boil and then reduce to simmer. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes, or until the chicken stock has reduced by half. After five minutes of simmering add the courgetti to the pan to begin to cook.
- Cut the halloumi into slices approximately 1cm thick. In a separate bowl mix together the oregano, thyme and pinch of salt and pepper with the flour. Add the halloumi to this and mix until coated. Heat a griddle pan, or if not available just a frying pan, and add a dash of oil. Fry the halloumi over a medium heat until the coating begins to go golden brown, approximately five minutes.
- To finish, remove the courgetti pan from the heat and then finely chop and add the fresh parsley. Next add the cooked potatoes and the halloumi and finish with seasoning to taste, along with the remaining lemon juice and zest.