You know that feeling after a heavy weekend, too much overindulgence and lack of sleep. All you want is something comforting and hearty, certainly not another takeaway. This vegan bean chilli is ready in 15 minutes and is full off goodness, flavour and comfort. Perfect for a lazy sunday evening.
- Tin of cannellini beans
- Tin of kidney beans
- Tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 red pepper
- half a pack of mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 avocado
- Tablespoon of red chilli powder
- Tablespoon of cumin
- Rice or any desired accompaniment (tortillas/ couscous)
- Finely chop onion, garlic, pepper, and mushrooms.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a pan and sauté the onions and garlic.
- Once onions and garlic are softened, add the cumin and red chilli powder and stir.
- Add mushrooms and peppers to the pan and stir until all the veg seems soft.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and both tins of beans, simmer for 5 minutes.
- At this stage put your rice to boil and smash up your avocado.
- Serve when the beans lose their crunch.
(Top with cheese if you’re not vegan or a vegan cheat)