yasmin-duggal

Kendal Calling festival announces line-up

The Libertines, Catfish and the Bottlemen, and Run DMC all set to headline
Photo: Zeitgeist

Fan-favourite, award-winning festival Kendal Calling have announced their huge lineup for 2018. Catfish and the Bottlemen, The Libertines, Run DMC and Haçienda Classical will be headlining, with a huge supporting bill to boot. They’ll all be heading to the fields this summer for an unmissable weekend of music, arts, comedy, food and drink in the beautiful Lake District, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Photo: Jody Hartley
Photo: Jody Hartley

With 2017 marking the 12th consecutive sell out for the festival and selling out just one week after announcing the lineup fans are encouraged to snap tickets up quickly to avoid disappointment.

Since the release of their debut album The Balcony, Catfish and the Bottlemen’s rise to the top has been nothing short of stratospheric. Sophomore effort The Ride saw them establish themselves as one of the true stars of the burgeoning British guitar scene and this summer they head back to the fields for a headline set that’s not to be missed.

Photo: Jill Furmanovsky
Photo: Jill Furmanovsky

True heroes of indie and a band who were sorely missed during their lengthy absence, The Libertines will be making a long overdue trip to Kendal Calling. Having reformed and re-established themselves as kings of their genre, Pete, Carl, Gary and John will be bringing anthems from their three huge albums to the fields!

Photo: Zeitgeist
Photo: Zeitgeist

The term legends is thrown around far too often, but one group to which it undoubtedly applies are hip-hop royalty Run DMC. With an arsenal of huge hits including ‘It’s Like That’, ‘My Adidas’ and ‘Its Tricky’ under their belts, it’s hard to see who could provide a bigger sing along moment at this year’s Kendal Calling.

Photo: Zeitgeist
Photo: Zeitgeist

Kicking proceedings off on the Thursday night is a special show from Haçienda Classical with the Manchester Camerata, the city’s experimental orchestra playing a new set of huge classics.

Proudly presenting an eclectic lineup year on year Kendal Calling is a place to see indie legends rub shoulders with some of the freshest new talent that the UK has to offer. James, Shed Seven, Ocean Colour Scene, The Sherlocks, White Lies, The Wailers, Declan Mckenna, Fun Lovin’ Criminals, Lucy Spraggan, The Amazons, Tom Grennan, Slow Readers Club, Peter Hook & The Light, Marmozets, Pale Waves, Idles, Dub Pistols, Hollie Cook, Sam Fender, Black Honey, Pins, The Blinders, Jordan Allen, Anteros, Yonaka, Trudy & The Romance; The Romance, Bang Bang Romeo all join the lineup across the Main Stage and one stop shop for music discovery the Calling Out stage.

Photo: Jody Hartley
Photo: Jody Hartley

Set in the incredible setting of the Lake District’s Lowther Deer Park, this innovative, fan-focused, independent festival is renowned for more than just music and visitors will also enjoy 4 days of arts installations, comedy, gourmet food, kid’s entertainment and a real ale festival all within the confines of what is surely the most beautiful festival site in the UK.

Last year Kendal Calling sold out completely just one week after announcing the lineup so fans are advised to snap up their tickets quickly to secure their place at this year’s festival.

Tickets are available now from the Kendal Calling website.