nicolewootoncane

Students’ Union Exec elections open for 2018/19

Students have until 5PM on the 8th of March to vote for their preferred candidates
Exec team elections results announced tonight. Photo: Cil Barnett-Neefs

From Thursday the 1st of March at 12pm, students will be able to vote in the Students’ Union Executive Officer elections.

Ballots will remain open until Thursday the 8th of March at 5pm.

The roles up for election are: General Secretary; Education Officer; Campaigns, Community, and Citizenship Officer; Liberation and Access Officer; Welfare Officer; Women’s Officer; International Student Officer; and Activities and Development Officer.

A few changes have been made from previous elections, including the scrapping of the Diversity officer in favour of the International Student and Liberation and Access officers. Also, the roles of Community and Campaign officers have been merged.

Every day between the 1st and 8th of March, the Students’ Union will be giving away a prize to a random student who has voted in the Exec Elections including a £60 Deliveroo voucher, a limo ride to a lecture and bus pass worth £150.

Students can vote at ballot boxes around campus or online via the Students’ Union website.

To find out more about each of the candidates and read their manifesto, students can visit the Students’ Union website.

The results of the election will be announced on the the 8th of March.

Nicole Wootton-Cane

Nicole Wootton-Cane

Deputy Editor of The Mancunion