daisy-tolcher

Five Guys opening this summer in Manchester University Green

The new Five Guys will be opening around July 2018 and will create 35 new local jobs
Photo: Five Guys

It has been announced that as part of University Green’s massive new development project, a Five Guys will be opening on campus! This branch will be the third to join our city, yet, unlike the ones situated in the Arndale or Trafford centres, this one will be right on our doorstep.

For those of you who have not been to a Five Guys before, the general concept is you can build your own burgers using a wide range of toppings and condiments. The chain prides itself on being able to serve a whopping 250,000 possible burger and hotdog combinations. All the burgers are handcrafted and made to order, and even the fries are hand cut each morning and cooked in peanut oil. Five guys do not have freezers or microwaves in any of its restaurants and only use locally sourced produce.

Aside from burgers, Five Guys are also famous for their milkshakes. The milkshakes are entirely customisable with a number of ‘mixes’ to choose from including peanut butter, chocolate, Oreo cookies, and salted caramel. You can also add interesting extras such as bacon and whipped cream. Five Guys claim there are over 1000 possible flavour combinations to try which means we will probably be visiting very often!

Five Guys CEO has said about the opening “It’s so great to see another Five Guys opening in Manchester this year. We’re gearing up to serve our fresh, handmade and fully customisable burgers, hotdogs and milkshakes to a vast number of students at our new location in Manchester University Square. The new location will create 35 new local jobs, seat 66 people, and will hopefully be the perfect spot for students to enjoy a meal, work and relax in between classes”.

This opening is therefore not just great news for students who love eating at the chain, but is also an exciting opportunity for those of you who are interested in finding a job whilst at university.

Five Guys’ rapid rise in Manchester and in the U.K. shows no sign of stopping, especially following news that they have knocked Nando’s off the top spot and are now the UK’s favourite fast food chain. And with celebrity fans such as Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith this restaurant opening is sure to be a hit amongst students.

Photo: Five Guys
Photo: Five Guys

Five Guys will be opening in Summer 2018 in Manchester University Green which will be under the Manchester Alliance Business School. For more details about the development look here.