lucypower
2nd October 2018

Veggie Pret lands in Manchester

An all-new Veggie Pret is set to open its doors in Deansgate
Veggie Pret lands in Manchester
Photo: Transport Pixels@flickr

This is a shoutout to all veggies and vegans – Veggie Pret will be arriving in Manchester this October, as the chain opens its fourth store in the UK.

Hannah Dolan, the Head of Food Development at Pret a Manger, said in a statement to Plant Based News: “When we asked customers on social media where they’d like to see the next Veggie Pret, Manchester was the top request”.

After such increasing demand for more vegetarian and vegan options, the chain is happy to announce that its Deansgate branch will be expanding to cater for just this. It will join the range of vegetarian and vegan options already in the city. 

The menu will be offering a variety of new dishes for veggies, including avocado and chickpea wraps, mac and kale cheese cauli boxes and mature cheddar and pickle toasties. For vegans and those choosing to eat healthy, new options include curried chickpeas and mango chutney bowls, sweet potato and falafel boxes and the sweeter coconut and almond butter bites.

The shop will open at 79-81 Deansgate in October 2018. With opening hours from 7am to 7pm, Monday to Friday, 7.30am to 7pm on Saturdays, and 8.30am to 6pm on Sundays. 

The University of Manchester announces new environmental Master’s program

The new Master’s will focus on the social change needed to tackle the environmental crisis

Support for gender diverse students: Gender Expression Fund and option to add pronouns on Microsoft 365

Students can access a Gender Expression Fund, and add their pronouns on Microsoft 365, in two separate announcements which both aim to support gender diverse students

King’s Speech: Government axes ‘low-quality degrees’

In his first address as monarch, King Charles III announces drastic changes to the education sector

Cost of living pressures mount for students as average rent increases nationally

Cost of living pressures have pushed the average student rent to £7,566, with the average maintenance loan being around £7,590