isabellajewell

ART IN MANCUNIA

A brand new Mancunion art project aiming to put students at the centre
ART IN MANCUNIA

Art in Mancunia is an art project led by students at The Mancunion, which seeks to put student art at the centre. Whether you’re an art student, or simply an art lover, we’d love to see your work. We can offer exposure to several thousand students a week, and many more online.

All you need to do is contact us, either via email ([email protected]) or over Facebook. Send us a selection of your work, and a short description of what it is and what it means to you. We’ll feature your work online and in print, plus there’s a chance you could feature in our-end-of-semester exhibition.

It’s an exhibition by students, for students!

Check us out on Facebook

Photo: Theo Bennett @ The Mancunion
Photo: Theo Bennett @ The Mancunion

A celebration of Jewish art in Manchester: Introducing Synagogue Scratch

This month, Synagogue Scratch is returning to Manchester Jewish Museum. The series represents a unique opportunity to enjoy new, groundbreaking performances by Jewish artists, in the museum’s beautifully preserved 1874 Synagogue.

Making Manchester #3: Eleanor Haigh

Performing across the UK from Edinburgh Fringe to London, Eleanor Haigh embraces the spotlight with a multitude of talent. She breaks down what draws her to the arts and the biggest challenges facing artists today.

Horoscopes: Art meets star signs

This week we’re helping you align your planets with paintings. Check out the artist whose style suits your star sign.

Making Manchester #2: Laurent Swyngedauw

Continuing our Mancunian series, Laurent Swyngedauw tells us the best spots for capturing great shots in Manchester, and how make a photograph your own