livwhite
9th July 2019

Single Review: She Could Get Better by Bright Orange Spectacle

Olivia White reviews Bright Orange Spectacle’s debut single release ‘She Could Get Better’ representing indie pop music in all its glory
Photo: Authorised Press Shot

Although still fairly new to the indie pop scene, the “millennial glam” Brighton-born Bright Orange Spectacle (BOS) ooze confidence and a distinct charm with their debut single release ‘She Could Get Better’.

With an ambitious, punchy, and catchy song structure, this stylish single could fit right into the opening credits of the next romcom film craze. Consisting of singer/songwriter Charlie Sinclair, guitarist Matthew Berry, bassist Rooney Durrant, drummer George Le Page, and percussionist Jack Fletcher, BOS are already on their way to soundtracking the remaining hot summer days.

Brimmed with a variety of instrumental dimensions whilst adding a refreshing twist on Brit indie-pop’s finest Scouting for Girls and Razorlight, Bright Orange Spectacle have also clearly indulged in a range of influences spanning a number of genres with glimmers of a Bowie-esque attitude and a tempo matching The Knack.

‘She Could Get Better’ is pop music in all its glory. But it’s more than just that, it’s multi-dimensional and it evokes nostalgia, even when you haven’t even experienced its storyline.

With an equally vibrant video to match directed by JGR Fletcher, Bright Orange Spectacle’s dazzling track will undoubtedly make a perfect lead for the band’s live performances. After touring the south of England with a number of sold-out shows, Bright Orange Spectacle are certainly a trendy outfit to keep on your radar.

‘She Could Get Better’ is available on 7” vinyl along with a new B Side ‘(I was Never) Right For You’ exclusive to Flying Vinyl.

Live review: Sudan Archives raises the bar at Band on the Wall

The American artist visited Manchester last Thursday, and her performance exemplified everything exciting about music right now
On ‘And In the Darkness, Hearts Aglow’ Weyes Blood shines

The ethereal singer-songwriter delivers strong track after strong track on her latest album
Sigur Ros move and exhilarate at O2 Apollo Manchester

The Icelandic post-rockers return to O2 Apollo Manchester to celebrate their illustrious 25-year career
The Lightning Seeds are still gleaming at the Albert Hall

Live at the Albert Hall, The Lightning Seeds are a blast of energy, joy, and riotously good tunes (including ‘Three Lions’ of course!)