lexiebaynes

University wins two awards for its projects at the Directors of Estates Awards

At the Association of University Directors of Estates (AUDE) Awards, the University of Manchester won both gold and bronze awards for its estates and facilities
Credit: www.vitastudent.com

The University has won two awards, gold and bronze, for the quality of its estates and facilities at the Association of University Directors of Estates (AUDE) Awards.

The AUDE Awards celebrate the achievements of estates and facilities across universities.

The gold award was won for Chancellor Lemn Sissay OBE’s initiative to ensure that young care leavers are not alone on Christmas Day, with this project being titled “The Christmas Dinner.”

This fell in the category “University Reaching Higher Award.”

In the category “Sustainability Impact Initiative Award,” the project “Zero Without a Net” won bronze, the University’s strategy to reduce its carbon emissions to true zero by 2038.

Alison Shedlock, the Assistant Director of Estates and Facilities, commented that “The Christmas Dinner makes such a difference to care leavers on what can be one of the most challenging days for many care leavers.”

Julia Durkan, the Acting Head of Environmental Sustainability, sees the bronze award as a demonstration of “our dedication to advancing our campus decarbonisation initiatives.”

The AUDE awards 2024 were held in April in Newcastle.

For 10 years, the AUDE awards have highlighted the teams and projects which “contribute so significantly to the success of our universities.”

Teams, projects, and individuals who promote “professionalism, efficiency, and effectiveness” are acknowledged.

Alexandra Baynes

Alexandra Baynes

Head Editor of Opinion Section. Radio Host on Fuse FM. Twitter: @lexiebayness