By Isaac Cameron
A guilt free fishy dinner to remind you of brighter days.
As people become increasingly concerned about the stocks of wild fish like cod, tuna and salmon it’s good to give them a break and switch to a more abundant fish like mackerel. Try and make sure the mackerel is MSC approved as it guarantees that it is fished using sustainable methods.
£1.31 per person
- 3 fillets of MSC approved peppered smoked mackerel skinned
- 2 cox apples
- 500g charlotte potatoes
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 2 red chillies
- 3 lemons
- 5 spring onions
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Wash and slice your potatoes into about 1cm rounds, put in a pan of boiling water and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Whilst the potatoes are boiling take the apples, cut in half, core, thinly slice and place in a large salad bowl. Once sliced, squeeze the juice of half of one of the lemons to stop the apples discolouring.
- Next cut the fennel bulb in half, de-seed the chillies and thinly slice both along with the spring onions then place in the bowl with the apples.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain and run them under cold water for a couple of minutes to cool them down, then add to the other ingredients in the bowl.
- Now roughly chop the parsley, flake the smoked mackerel and add both to the bowl.
- Finally squeeze the juice of the remaining lemons into the bowl, add the oil, mix everything together and season to taste.
Trackback from your site.