By Catherine May
This cake is really simple to make and goes down a treat. I use measuring cups to measure ingredients as they make baking mega-easy for even the worst of cooks.
- 150g (1 and ½ cups) caster sugar
- 150g (1 and ½ cups) margarine
- 150g (1 and ½ cups) self raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 150g raspberries
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- Pre heat oven to 180°ͨC. Grease and line a cake tin.
- eat together sugar and margarine until fully combined. Add flour and eggs and stir.
- Fold in raspberries and chocolate.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Take out of oven. Push a clean knife or skewer into centre of cake and if, upon removal, it comes out clear then the cake is cooked. If not, put back into oven for further five minute intervals until cooked.
- Once cool, eat cake quickly or hide it – don’t let your housemates eat it all before you’ve had ample slices.
Tip: If you really want to go all out to impress then melt some extra white chocolate and dip individual raspberries in this before leaving them to set. Once the chocolate is set, decorate the cake with them.
Trackback from your site.