isabelle-dann

A shade for all seasons

Lacquer up for the upcoming wintry months
A shade for all seasons

September is a time to embrace the new season with all its promise whilst musing fondly over holiday memories. Spring / summer fashions are stored away till next year in favour of novel autumn / winter sartorial offerings. However, for many, a beauty update is just as important when adjusting the seasonal wardrobe.

Despite its ostensible simplicity, nail lacquer can offer an immediate update to your wardrobe and even encapsulate an entire seasonal mood. Bearing this concept in mind, consider my personal seasonal shades: “Kismet” by Nars for the summer gone by, a burnished mimosa frenzy; versus my must-have polish for the new season, “Peridot” by Chanel, a beautiful melange of green and gold designed to mimic the eponymous stone:

Isabelle Dann

Isabelle Dann

Isabelle Dann is the Lifestyle Editor at The Mancunion. Follow her tomfoolery @izzydann

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was red hair in? Read our beauty article to find out why red hair is trending in the celebrity world and what it means for the real gingers of the world
Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

We discuss the damaging impacts of western beauty standards on women of colour in society today. Ideas of beauty should not be restrictive.
In the Beauty Bag #8

In the Beauty Bag #8

Have a look inside the beauty bag of fashion marketing student Zahra and see what products she recommends, from hair care miracles to skin care must haves.
Accounting for Style #12 – Second Hand Retail Therapy

A second year student who loves second hand shopping and relies on retail therapy records her spending for the month