isabelle-dann

A shade for all seasons

Lacquer up for the upcoming wintry months

September is a time to embrace the new season with all its promise whilst musing fondly over holiday memories. Spring / summer fashions are stored away till next year in favour of novel autumn / winter sartorial offerings. However, for many, a beauty update is just as important when adjusting the seasonal wardrobe.

Despite its ostensible simplicity, nail lacquer can offer an immediate update to your wardrobe and even encapsulate an entire seasonal mood. Bearing this concept in mind, consider my personal seasonal shades: “Kismet” by Nars for the summer gone by, a burnished mimosa frenzy; versus my must-have polish for the new season, “Peridot” by Chanel, a beautiful melange of green and gold designed to mimic the eponymous stone:

Isabelle Dann

Isabelle Dann

Isabelle Dann is the Lifestyle Editor at The Mancunion. Follow her tomfoolery @izzydann

Horticultured: Manchester Fashion Movement brings great clothes to the great outdoors

First Chanel’s Metiers D’Art took place in Manchester last December and now RHS Bridgewater’s Horticultured unfolded in Salford showcasing some fantastic local and sustainable brands

My favourite jeans: Student journalists share their top denim picks

Looking for the perfect jeans? Look no further! Our writers and editors share all their top tips and fave pairs

Celebrity Style Guide #8: Dua Lipa and Callum Turner

We explore the style of up-and-coming couple, musician Dua Lipa and actor Callum Turner, from their day-time outfits to their after-party looks

Glossier: Cult brand or profit machine?

Glossier were famed for their Balm Dotcom and Cloud Paint Blush, but with product prices rising during a cost-of-living crisis will their cult status last?