Manchester Forecast

Latest News:
Manchester Mancunion Logo

Top 5: Cross-dressing Films

Written by

administrator

5.  She’s the Man

Yes, it may be an unadulterated guilty pleasure, but this take on Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night features Amanda Bynes at her finest. In a bid to impress her ex-boyfriend she wins a place on the “soccer” team as her “brother” and uses a tampon for a nosebleed along the way.

4. Mulan

Disney’s Chinese heroine takes on the whole Hun army, all whilst dressed as a man. Despite earning the respect of the whole barracks as a soldier, her happy ending, in true Disney style, inevitably arrives when she finds love as a woman, with a really fit guy.

3. Shakespeare in Love

Women couldn’t act on the stage in Shakespeare’s day, leading to Gwyneth Paltrow dressing up as a man dressing up to play a girl and then falling in love with young Willy!  Piling up awards for British film, it also led to Paltrow’s slightly awkward Oscar meltdown.

2. Mrs. Doubtfire

A family classic, Robin Williams’ hilarious performance is still poignantly impassioned for father’s rights. Full of quotable lines (“oooh! it was a drive-by fruiting!”) this film warms the cockles like no other. The prosthetics alone keep this film high up the list.

1.   Some Like It Hot

Two witnesses to a mafia murder, Daphne and Josephine are two men on the run. Bumping into an alcoholic but sexy Marilyn Monroe on the way, they go undercover in an all-female band. This old style comedy is still as “fresh!” and is to be watched for the last line alone

Tags: Features, Film, Top 5, Top 5 Film

Trackback from your site.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This