jack-crutcher

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Jack Crutcher previews Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance comes out in February shouldering the pressure of being the first Metal Gear game released on both the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Revengeance is also the first Metal Gear game to stray away from the traditional canon of previous instalments in the series. Fans should not worry though because Metal Gear brainchild Hideo Kojima has had a heavy influence on the production ensuring this isn’t any old spin-off.

Set four years after Metal Gear Solid 4, the Sons of the Patriots system has been dismantled by a computer virus, however parts of the Parliamentary Corporations still remain a danger and as a result Private Military Companies have been mobilised to provide protection to VIP’s the world over; Raiden joins one of these companies so he can provide for his family. It’s not long before he’s in combat as cyborg assassins kidnap the Prime Minister; Raiden is left for dead by a cyborg named Samuel Rodriguez and the game follows Raiden’s quest for vengeance.

The Soliton radar and familiar alert systems make a return. One-button stealth kills and a codec system that allows Raiden to communicate with teammates also form an important part of the game’s functionality. A free sword mode has been introduced which lets you control the power and direction of your attacks rather than sticking with the conventional hack/ slash mode much of the game expects you to follow. DLC content can also be expected allowing the player to perform side missions with other characters who are not playable during the campaign. This should pad out the Story mode, which according to Famitsu comes in at around 6 to 8 hours. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance will be released on February 22.

Trailer:

Soundtracking: The best FIFA songs of all time

Our resident Mancunion FIFA players choose their favourite tracks from soundtracks past and present.
Has Assassin’s Creed forgotten its Origins?

A shift to the live service model causes upset amongst Assassin’s Creed fans
Review: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Review: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Stellar sword-fighting makes Sekiro a Samurai Success
Details revealed for Student Game Jam: Manchester

Manchester’s first ever student Game Jam starts this weekend