robbie-davidson

TV Catch-up- What to Watch Last Week

Welcome to the new Mancunion TV Catch up where we tell you all the best things you missed from the last week to watch online in your downtime.     A Single Man: In the year before Colin Firth won worldwide acclaim and an Oscar in the The King’s Speech, he starred in Tom Ford’s directorial […]

Welcome to the new Mancunion TV Catch up where we tell you all the best things you missed from the last week to watch online in your downtime.

A Single Man: In the year before Colin Firth won worldwide acclaim and an Oscar in the The King’s Speech, he starred in Tom Ford’s directorial debut as a bereaved English professor in 1960s Los Angeles. A quieter performance from Firth but no less deserving of praise. (Available on BBC iPlayer)

Piers Morgan’s Life Stories: If you like Piers Morgan and his sycophantic interviewing then you’ll likely want to catch up on his new series of Life Stories. His first interview is with Coronation Street actress, Julie Goodyear, which should give you some idea of the level of ‘celebrity’ on offer. (Available on ITV Player)

The Newsroom: If you’ve been watching Aaron Sorkin’s recent return to television then you’re likely as conflicted as this writer is. You may love it, you’ll probably hate parts of it, but you still don’t want to miss it. Stay tuned for an in depth look in a future issue, but in the meantime you can catch up on Sky Player.

Priscilla review: Coppola gives voice to the voiceless

Sofia Coppola is back with another portrait of girlhood, this time showing the life of Priscilla Presley beyond Elvis’ shadow