The high-streets coolest cover ups

Charlie Daniels runs through which jackets are worth investing in this A/W 13

ZARA Wool cardigan with funnel collar – £59.99

Zara.com

ON TREND: In the Pink

Tick all the boxes for style and colour with this pink Zara jacket, featuring the favourite outerwear colour choice for this Autumn/Winter. Taking inspiration from London Fashion Week and confirmed by the likes of Mulberry, Christopher Kane and John Rocha; pink is the colour to be seen in this season and will look even better come winter, paired with flushed rosy checks that Manchester’s cold weather brings.

H&M Bouclé Jacket with a wool blend and lapels – £34.99 GBP.

Hm.com

ON A BUDGET: Oversized

This ‘Borrowed from the Boys’ style Jacket is perfect for A/W13. ‘Size does matter’ was the message that carried very strongly from London Fashion Week, with designers such as DKNY, Acne and Carven driving the trend forward. The trend has since trickled down to be found on the high street and everywhere from Topshop to Primark are making the most of the cosy and oversized style. What’s best about this jacket is that it can be worn now, whilst there is still warm(ish) weather in Manchester but can also be carried through to winter by layering jumpers underneath.  There is also 20% off in-store at H&M for students with the Unidays App.  So get down there to get more fashion for you money before this great discount expires!

AMERICAN APPAREL Oversized wool coat featuring single button closure and a suede collar £154 .00

store.americanapparel.co.uk

GOOD INVESTMENT: The Long Wool Coat

Personally I would be hoping for a harsh winter to justify buying this coat. Sure it’s a bit pricey but it’s 15% off online right now, if you sign up for their newsletter, so that’s okay, right? This coat is also totally in keeping with the oversized trend, which works just as well for menswear as it does womenswear. Plus, the coat is also a unisex style, so girls can borrow it as well! Designers including Topman Design and Oliver Spencer favoured this particular style at London Fashion Week, because of its smart-come-laidback look.  The practical nature of this coat is also a bonus as it is as smart as it is casual, making it a worthwhile investment. And again, layering is key for taking this coat into the colder months.  If you’re looking for some inspiration for what to team this up with, have a look at the work of designers Paul Costelloe, Officine Generale and Richard James for some inspiration.

Celebrity Style Guide #2: Zoë Kravitz

We explore the fashion staples of actress and model Zoë Kravitz, known for her elegant but effortless-looking outfits

Are our ‘wellness’ habits actually keeping us well?

In the era of micro trends, influencers, and overconsumption, what does ‘wellness’ actually mean?

My favourite fragrance

Looking for a new signature scent? Or just wondering what fragrance your library crush is wearing? Either way, our experts have weighed in on their favourite perfumes and colognes

Statement red carpet looks from the 2024 Grammys

Four of the most impactful red carpet looks from the 66th annual Grammy Awards, from Billie Eilish to Lenny Kravitz