Manchester Forecast

Latest News:
Manchester Mancunion Logo

Top 5: Male Shoes

Image: highsnobiety.com

1. Clarks Desert Boots – £79

The most gentlemanly shoe on the list, Clarks Desert boots are the longstanding gem in the male footwear halls of fame – comfortable, versatile and very suave. Suede doesn’t seem ideal given Manchester’s weather conditions, but the leather versions make a smart alternative.

Air-Max-Bda3D
Image: ordershoe.co.uk

2. Nike Air Max Thea –  £85

I know what you’re thinking: Air Max have been rinsed by just about everyone on campus. It seems like every other set of feet you see is clad in a pair, though most of the wearers probably hadn’t heard of them ‘til uni. The Thea’s, though, are the lesser-seen, but much sleeker version.

3400203250_main
Image: Schuch.co.uk
3. Puma Suede Classic – £55

Puma is the underdog in the branded sports shoe stakes, but the suede classics have made plenty of appearances on well-dressed students all over Manchester. With a wide range of colours on offer, you’re spoilt for choice.

Reebok-classic-black-750x750
Image: newmarketsports.com
4. Reebok Classic – £45

Reebok Classics are pretty basic, but they do the job. I’d avoid the white pair unless you’re emulating the yob look, but investing in the black would be a sound choice. Just £45 from Sports Direct: you can’t go wrong, can you?

martens-vintage-1461-mens-leather-eyelet-29800-9475

Image: scorpioshoes.com
5  Dr Martens 1461 – £90

Possibly not everyone’s cup of tea, these DMs are made for the more tailored gent. Built to last, you couldn’t ask for a sturdier shoe. Think less of the ‘This is England’ look, and more of a ‘nonchalant academic’ vibe.

Tags: Clarks, Desert Boots, Dr Martens, male fashion, Nike, Puma, Reebok, shoes, Tailored Fashion

Trackback from your site.