Top 5 statement makers

Adrienne Galloway gives us her pick of the celebs making statements in the fashion world

Kylie Jenner
The Instagram of 17-year-old reality television star Kylie, has our fashion radar going crazy. From airplane outfits to magazine covers, from festivals to runways, her simplistic style lends inspiration for all occasions. Her black bralet and grunge style netted body, paired with flawless make up has us biting our nails in anticipation for her next post.

Photo: e4pr.blogspot.com

Jay-Z
Being one half of the ultimate music industry power couple, it’s fair to say that Jay can supply us with his street style any day. Baggy monochrome tees, bomber jackets and his statement New York Yankees snapback—what more could we ask for? Watch his and Bey’s dazzling final performance from the On The Run tour for an exploration of their fashion through the ages.

Photo: Adrian Pratt @Flickr

Cara Delevingne
This eyebrow queen and supermodel took the world by storm when she burst on to the high fashion scene in 2011. Modelling for Victoria’s Secret and DKNY, it’s no wonder she’s picked up a few fashion tips here and there. Her slouched trousers and black high top trainers show that even supermodels get a day off.

Photo: tvtropes.org

TLC
The nineties R&B trio consisting of T-Boz, Left Eye and Chilli are nothing short of inspiring when channelling our inner 90s tom boy. My favourites include staple t-shirt crops, which can be casually paired with ripped boyfriend jeans. They work equally as well with an A-line skirt and opaque tights for autumn sophistication.

Photo: Greg Razzi @Flickr

Blake Lively
After her initial rise to stardom due to the hit series Gossip Girl, this starlet has not graced our television or cinema screens for two years now. That being said, she remains one of the best-dressed celebrities on the red carpet. She is able to dazzle us with her constant array of elegant gowns,that show off all the right places.

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was ginger ‘in’?

Since when was red hair in? Read our beauty article to find out why red hair is trending in the celebrity world and what it means for the real gingers of the world
Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

Beauty is in the eyes of the colonizer

We discuss the damaging impacts of western beauty standards on women of colour in society today. Ideas of beauty should not be restrictive.
In the Beauty Bag #8

In the Beauty Bag #8

Have a look inside the beauty bag of fashion marketing student Zahra and see what products she recommends, from hair care miracles to skin care must haves.
Accounting for Style #12 – Second Hand Retail Therapy

A second year student who loves second hand shopping and relies on retail therapy records her spending for the month