Top 5: Spooktacular accessories

Left your Halloween look to the last minute? Laura Springer gives you her top 5 spookcessories for a frighteningly quick fix.

Hadn’t had time to plan your outfit for Halloween? Don’t want to spend a fortune on a tacky costume that you’re likely to only wear once? Or just generally don’t really care for dressing up and are just looking forward to the party and spending time with your friends? Then we’ve got it covered. Halloween is a time in which all of the fashion boundaries are broken and whatever you wear you’re bound to fit in perfectly with the rest of the witches, cats, zombies and even pirates! Here are five accessories that will Halloween-ify any simple outfit.

1. Creepy cat mask

Cat Mask – Claire’s Accessories

This year, Claire’s are showing us that dressing like a cat can be not only fashionable, but sophisticated too. The intricate work on this mask will add a touch of class to any black outfit and is incredibly easy to just throw on.

Cat mask, Claire’s accessories, £12.

2.  Devilish ears, tail and bow tie set

Devil set – Claire’s Accessories

A very simple way to make yourself look devilish and the tail is guaranteed to be a conversation starter for the duration of the night!

Devil set, Claire’s accessories, £10.

3. Witchy red and black wings

Red wings – George

These wings could be worn alone or teamed with the devil set to create a fiendishly fun costume.

Red and black butterfly wings, ASDA, £5.

4. Ghoulish ghost mask

Ghost mask – George

This eerie white ghost mask is the way to go if you plan on terrifying your friends this Halloween and will save you the effort of spending hours on your hair and makeup!

Ghost mask, George £5

5. Dark and dangerous – black lipstick and dazzle dust

Barry M Lip paint No. 37 Barry M Dazzle Dust in Petrol Black

Want to opt for an easy but effective grunge look this Halloween? Using this lipstick and Petrol Black dazzle dust you can create a cool Halloween makeup look that is compatible with any outfit.

Lip paint No. 37, Barry M, £4.25. Petrol Black Dazzle Dust, £4.59

Horticultured: Manchester Fashion Movement brings great clothes to the great outdoors

First Chanel’s Metiers D’Art took place in Manchester last December and now RHS Bridgewater’s Horticultured unfolded in Salford showcasing some fantastic local and sustainable brands

My favourite jeans: Student journalists share their top denim picks

Looking for the perfect jeans? Look no further! Our writers and editors share all their top tips and fave pairs

Celebrity Style Guide #8: Dua Lipa and Callum Turner

We explore the style of up-and-coming couple, musician Dua Lipa and actor Callum Turner, from their day-time outfits to their after-party looks

Glossier: Cult brand or profit machine?

Glossier were famed for their Balm Dotcom and Cloud Paint Blush, but with product prices rising during a cost-of-living crisis will their cult status last?