kassi-allcock

Craving and Saving: Satchels

Kassi Allcock helps you find a book bag that won’t break the bank this semester

Whoever had the wise idea to strategically place exams directly after Christmas had no compassion – how am I supposed to ding dong merrily on high whilst cramming endless revision notes down my throat? I would much rather turkey and stuffing… As torturous as they may be, January exams are never going to go away, no matter how many times we put their disappearance on our Christmas wish list. The only way that we can fight back is to be prepared – which is going to require a sturdy bag to transport our heavy books to the library.

Photo: Cambridge Satchel Company

When dreaming of the perfect satchel, you’d be lying if you denied stalking the Cambridge Satchel Company’s website for hours on end. Their collection of styles has grown extensively over the years, allowing you to stray from a stereotypical satchel, and pretty much make it your own. There’s a size for every need – have a 13″ laptop? There’s a bag for you. what about a 15″? There’s a bag for you. iPad owner? There’s a smaller bag for you! If  you needed to, you could squeeze your entire life into your bag, and it wouldn’t show a single sign of breaking. The practicalities of a Cambridge satchel are countless, but it’s also an amazing fashion accessory too. With a sleek and professional look, you really do get the best of both worlds. The price is a little hard to swallow though, with their workbag coming in at a whopping £195.

Photo: Accessorize

And so, I have found you all a high street alternative. The Kingston Satchel from Accessorize has a much more appealing price tag of £32 (or a grand total of £28.80 with our trusty friend student discount). Let’s be honest – Christmas presents are a real burden on our bank balance, and the next instalment of our student loan doesn’t appear on the horizon until mid-January. We need to be realistic, and this alternate book bag is a life (and money) saver! With an equally stylish vibe, this less expensive satchel will still add a little pizazz to your not so exciting trips to the library. Whether you need your laptop, your books, your lunch, or all of the above, your stylish little satchel has got you covered and you don’t even need to splash your cash! Maybe a Cambridge satchel will have to wait for graduation…

Frosty elf chic: From the runway to TikTok, this seasons Winter trends

Winter trends are back with a boom and this year has seen a real change-up in Winter uniform, taking inspiration from several time periods, weather, and designer favourites from the runway
Beauty advent calendars: The best of this year

Whether you are a makeup head, skincare junkie or self-care queen, have fun counting down to Christmas with these advent calendars. Here are The  Mancuion’s beauty team suggestions
Primark goes online – RIP sustainable fashion

Primark has announced they’re moving online. But why? Is this really necessary for an already successful company?
Extreme beauty procedures: The Botox craze

We look into rising botox trends that move beyond the face into the strangest places imaginable, like feet and bladders! Read about the doctors who perform these treatments and the reasons people are getting.