jenny-sterne

Preview: Stevie Wonderland to host the first ever roller disco in Academy one

Stevie Wonderland’s second birthday is to be celebrated by hosting the first ever roller disco in Academy 1’s history, starring Parisian DJ Breakbot.

Stevie Wonderland’s turning two and for their birthday celebrations they are throwing Academy 1’s first roller disco.

After their two sell-out roller discos in London they decided ‘what better way to celebrate two amazing years than to jack up the size and bring it to our home in Manchester!’

They will be taking over the whole of Manchester Academy 1 and turning it into ‘the biggest and most beautiful Roller Disco wonderland you have ever seen!’

Stevie Wonderland have previously welcome acts such as Andres, Greg Wilson, Craig Charles, Space Dimension Contoller and DMX Krew.

For their second birthday legendary boogie man, Breakbot is being flown in for his first DJ set in Manchester for over three years.

Breakbot’s hit ‘Baby I’m Yours’ has over 12 million hits on Youtube and is now considered a staple of modern disco.

Stevie Wonderland describe his sets as being ‘renowned for their unforgiving pace and inspired selection. He’s promised a special 3 hour roller boogie set – we’re excited and hope you are too!

Coming direct from Paris with his hip-shaking blend of electro disco for you to skate to; Ed Banger Records resident man, Breakbot has been at the very top of our list of artists to book since we started Stevie Wonderland, so what better time to have him than for our second Birthday!’

Joining Breakbot is his partner in crime Irfane, the unmistakable voice behind some of Breakbot’s biggest hits including ‘Baby I’m yours’.

The night will also include; free skate hire, a giant disco ball, dancers, ‘Stevie’s Birthday Photo Booth’, a separate dance floor for any non-skaters and lots more surprises.

Stevie Wonderland have promised they’re ‘ going all out on the production for this one and are turning Academy 1 into a disco wonderland.’

Tickets are available now via University of Manchester Student Union, Skiddle, Resident Advisor & Party for the People: 3rd Release £15 – http://bit.ly/Tickets-Skiddle. There will also be more on the door

The event will be in Manchester Academy 1, Friday 30th January, 10pm – 4am, last entry 11pm.

For more information see the Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1554395014802106/?pnref=story

For a taster of what you might be in for, here’s a video of Stevie Wonderland’s previous roller discos in London: http://vimeo.com/103330012.

Fat White Family’s Lias Saoudi is circling around the Post-Punk cul-de-sac

Now that Fat White family have returned with ‘Forgiveness Is Yours’, lead-singer Lias Saoudi has a lot more to say about post-punk, lyricism, and being a Londoner

Peter Bibby – Drama King: A tragic and unpredictable opus

Infusing the classic songwriting of Dylan and Springsteen with Australian wit and dive bar narratives, Peter Bibby’s latest album constantly surprises

Tenacious D live in Manchester: The metal bring the fire

Jack Black’s rock-comedy project Tenacious D stopped off in Manchester on their ‘Spicy Meatball’ tour, performing to 20,000 fans at the AO Arena

Sour Grapes Records’ ‘Meltchester’: Mancunion music community at its finest

Manchester’s own Sour Grapes Records brings Meltchester to town again at Projekts Skatepark