sarah-kilcourse

Next stop: Soap and Glory

Fashion and Beauty Editor Sarah Kilcourse rounds up the Soap and Glory beauty bus experience

Today was the fabulous day that the Soap and Glory bus came to campus, in trail of glitter and pink. The bubble bus has been touring around British universities of late, starting off in Scotland before heading down to Manchester.

Soap and Glory are clearly eager to engage with the student market—I’m fairly certain the big pink bus will have gained a few new followers! Recently, Soap and Glory have become a household name in the UK beauty market, and we all know the products: the retro packaging, whimsical puns and—this is in no way a bad thing—the guarantee that you will receive a fabulous gift set for Christmas (thanks to the Boots 3 for 2 offer!)

The bus was outside the Students’ Union from 10am–6pm, and was all about creating a party vibe. Inside there was an air tattoo bar, for all your glitter tattoo needs, the opportunity to get an amazing goodie bag, a braid bar, dance classes, a slide, and for one lucky group of friends, a VIP pamper experience. I’m jealous of the lucky ladies who won! We did get a sneak peak inside the VIP goodie bag and it was a win on its own.

For now though it is goodbye to our fabulous pink bus, it’s moving to a far off land—well, Leeds is the next stop. We can only hope to see more from the lovely ladies and gents in pink!

Make-up Soc’s guide to Winter glam

Check out the President of Makeup Society’s guide to winter glam makeup for the holiday season this year

In the Beauty Bag #11: Union Affairs Officer Sam Bronheim

Recent graduate and SU representative Sam Bronheim shares her beauty journey, tips she learnt from her mom and makeup bargains

Frosty elf chic: From the runway to TikTok, this seasons Winter trends

Winter trends are back with a boom and this year has seen a real change-up in Winter uniform, taking inspiration from several time periods, weather, and designer favourites from the runway

Beauty advent calendars: The best of this year

Whether you are a makeup head, skincare junkie or self-care queen, have fun counting down to Christmas with these advent calendars. Here are The  Mancuion’s beauty team suggestions