lily-carden

Dumpling Dipping Sauce

Dip Dip Dip
Dumpling Dipping Sauce

¼ cup soy sauce

1tsp sesame oil

1 ½tsp mirin or rice wine vinegar

1tsp honey

1 red chilli, finely diced
Dim sum… wanton… gyoza… call them what you will. Asian style dumplings taste amazing. While I haven’t found any in Manchester to rival the ones I loved in Singapore, the frozen ones aren’t half bad. To take them to the next level I make this straightforward dipping sauce that adds a depth of flavour occasionally lacking in shop bought dim sum. You could get around that by making your own, but I’ve done that and can tell you that it takes a day to make properly. This sauce takes 5 minutes tops and leftovers can be used in many ways, poured over rice or for bread dunking are two of my favourites.
To make, simply place all the ingredients in a jam jar and shake well. Try the sauce and add more to taste (if you’d like it sweeter, add more honey etc).

Celebrate Pride month in style at Yotel

Celebrate Pride month in style at Yotel

Don’t miss out on trying Yotel’s new and affordable cocktail supporting LGBTQ+ charity Switchboard this June!
Wham, Bam, Thank You NAM!

Wham, Bam, Thank You NAM!

Izzy Langhamer takes a look at NAM’s new menu, Vietnamese food at the heart of the city’s food scene
Hello Oriental: Oxford Road’s newest addition

Hannah Wellock reviews Hello Oriental, the new bakery, restaurant and oriental food shop on Oxford Road, part of Circle Square.
Nibble NQ: A bite of joy

Nibble NQ: A bite of joy

Not to be missed, Nibble NQ is a treat for the tastebuds and is proudly female forward