This tikka masala recipe has been passed on to me by my mum. It was always my first request when I went home but I didn’t realise how easy it is to make myself. The marinade takes around five minutes to make and can spice up anything from big chunks of veg to pieces of lamb, chicken, and my favourite, salmon.
Ingredients for tikka masala marinade:
Tablespoon of coriander seeds
Tablespoon of cumin seeds
Tablespoon of caraway seeds
Tablespoon of tandoori masala
2/3 Tablespoons of thick plain yoghurt
Tablespoon of oil
Teaspoon of crushed garlic
Tablespoon of crushed ginger
- Grind up the coriander, cumin, and caraway seeds (I would recommend grinding up more than you need so next time you can skip this step).
- Add all ingredients to the yoghurt.
- Coat the meat or veg with the marinade.
- Leave for a couple of hours for the flavours to infuse.
- Cook in the oven at around 175 degrees, or for however long the meat or veg needs to go golden. Alternatively, this dish works brilliantly skewered on the barbecue.
- I usually serve with a mixed leaf crunchy salad and some crispy, oven baked new potatoes.