will-phillips

Antwerp Mansion forced to reduce capacity

Ticket holders to Antwerp Mansion’s Regression Sessions event on Saturday night had their tickets revoked last minute due to fire hazards

The Manchester Fire Brigade forced Antwerp Mansion to temporarily reduce its capacity last week for an event hosted by Regression Sessions.

Regression Sessions issued a statement and apology on Facebook to those who had purchased tickets for the ‘Space Safari’ event via Skiddle: “Due to an order set by the Manchester fire brigade the capacity at Antwerp Mansion has been temporarily reduced. We were notified about this only today.”

As compensation, Skiddle ticket holders are to have their costs refunded and will be given free tickets to Regression Sessions’ Halloween event at the O2 Ritz Manchester.

Since the decision, Antwerp Mansion have yet to release a statement on Facebook or Twitter but did speak to The Tab Manchester. Referring to the decision, a representative for the venue said: “Unfortunately this is correct and we have had to reduce our capacity by around 15 per cent. We are extremely sorry that this will disappoint some people who would have wanted to attend our events this week, especially Regression Sessions [on Saturday night].

“This has happened very suddenly and although we have been working hard with the authorities in the last 48 hours the problem was not able to be solved in time, although a solution has now been agreed.

“We absolutely will resolve the problem next week as we have been working very closely with the authorities to deal with the issue they raised. This is only a temporary problem.”

Capacity problems persisted at the event, with attendees taking to social media to voice their complaints as the club reportedly introduced a one-in-one out policy for the night.

Temporary restrictions have continued since the event, with MotherFunkers having to limit ticket sales for its event on the 12th of October in accordance with the reduced capacity.

As of yet there has been no further information for when and if the temporary restriction will be lifted.

Mayor’s Question Time: Andy Burnham faces questions from Manchester students

On September 29 Andy Burnham, the Mayor of Greater Manchester, answered student’s questions at a Question Time event, with issues ranging from transport and housing to the monarchy and devolution
Exclusive: SU secures £360,000 in funding to help with cost-of-living crisis

Exclusive: The SU has announced £360,000 in funding from the University of Manchester to help students with the cost-of-living crisis
Greater Manchester Student Assembly petition for £1.50 cap on student bus fares

Five student unions in the Greater Manchester area, collectively called the Greater Manchester Student Assembly, have written to Andy Burnham, the Mayor of Greater Manchester, to petition him for a £1.50 cap on public transport for students.
Oversubscription leads to quarter-million pound pay-out for Manchester freshers

Oversubscription has caused over 100 University of Manchester freshers to take £2500 pay-outs from the University to live in Liverpool as the demand for Halls of Residence exceeds the supply.