hana-jafar

Last week to stand in the SU Exec Elections

The roles are paid £19,000 a year
Image: Students’ Union

This week is the last week to stand as a Students’ Union Exec Officer candidate for the 2018-2019 academic year.

The Students’ Union is encouraging people to put themselves or a friend forward as a candidate in the Students’ Union exec officer elections.

The deadline to stand is 5 pm this Friday the 16th of February. Eight elected, full-time paid positions will be available, including General Secretary, Education, Campaigns, Community and Citizenship, Liberation and Access, Welfare, Women’s and International Student Officer.

Students interested in becoming an officer can fill in the ‘stand’ form on the Students’ Union website, in the ‘student voice’ section, and upload a manifesto. They can also suggest a friend on the website, who will then be contacted by the elections team with guidance about campaigning, running, and the role.

Exec officers are paid £19,000 a year, and represent students, lead campaigns, and vote on policies to improve student life. According to the Union website, candidates will receive support from the elections team before voting opens for a week on the 1st of March.

Successful candidates will begin work at the Students’ Union on the 1st of July 2018.