kirstie-omahony
4th July 2018

Manchester Eats Festival to take over Heaton Park this weekend

There will be no better place to be this weekend than the Manchester Eats festival, which will see Heaton Park transformed into a food lovers’ paradise
Photo: Manchester Eats Festival

In Manchester for summer? Waiting around before you graduate? Well, we have a great idea of how you can pass the time: by having some great food in the sunshine at the Manchester Eats Festival!

Photo: Manchester Eats Festival
Photo: Manchester Eats Festival

The Manchester Eats Festival will include talks and workshops from top celebrity chefs and mixologists, classes including vegan & vegetarian cooking, a chocolate masterclass and even cooking for kids.  It will celebrate Manchester’s growing restaurant and bar sector, and its reputation as the food capital of the North. Guests will also have the chance to preview new recipes and exclusive tasty treats across areas including a prossecco tent, gin garden, global food court and a healthy living zone.

Photo: Manchester Eats Festival
Photo: Manchester Eats Festival

Official charity partners the Diane Modahl Sports Foundation will be providing an activity zone on both days with interactive, accessible sporting activities for both children and adults. The event also features a dedicated children’s village and live DJ.

Photo: Manchester Eats Festival
Photo: Manchester Eats Festival

We’ve also teamed up with the festival to give you some free tickets!

For your chance to win a pair of tickets for access on both July 7th and 8th, please head over to our Instagram page and follow the instructions on our most recent post. Winners will be announced on Friday 6th July at 5pm.

If you don’t win however, here are the prices for the festival this weekend…

Ticket prices:

Advanced Saturday/Sunday Passes : £7.50/ £9 on gate

Advanced Weekend Passes : £12/ £13.50 on gate

Kids : Under 14’s get in free!

Tickets are still available here.

T&Cs:

The winner will be picked at random. The winner will receive two weekend passes to Manchester Eats. The winner will be contacted by The Mancunion to inform them that they have won. In order to claim the prize, they must respond by midnight on Friday 6th July.

TikTok and Teatox: Why social media is sucking the joy out of food

From ‘What I Eat in a Day’ videos to fad diet trends, social media’s rampant championing of toxic diet culture needs to stop

Margarita Month at Zouk: All style, less substance

Zouk is offering a trio of Margaritas this February to celebrate Margarita Month; yet it seems like all the thought was put into presentation, and less into the drink itself

Flight Club: Margarita Month with a twist

We headed to Flight Club to try their special cocktails in honour of Margarita Month, from Mango Margs to Spicy Picantes

The concept of small plate dining

Tapas, dim sum, chaat, meze, banchan and more!