catrinstewart

Recipe: best ever scrambled eggs

Whether it’s break-up comfort food or a helping hand in overcoming a hangover, this recipe for scrambled eggs is the perfect ticket to feeling well again
Recipe: best ever scrambled eggs
Wikipedia

My favourite part of a night out is the next morning (when the hangover isn’t too bad). This is when my friends and I lie in bed assessing how much of a shambles our lives may have become.

There’s only one thing that always seems to fix any problem. Scrambled eggs. Hot, comforting, and filling. There’s nothing else quite like it.

So here is my recipe for the best ever scrambled eggs. The risk-takers and rebels among you may cook yours in the microwave, but I’ll stick to the hob, please and thank you.

(Serves 2 people)

Ingredients:

• 5 eggs
  • crème fraiche
  • salt and pepper
  • butter
  • bread
  1. Whisk up your eggs in a bowl (add an extra yolk for even richer, creamier eggs if you’re feeling decadent).
  2. Melt a large knob of butter in a (preferably non stick) saucepan on low heat.
  3. Once the butter has melted, add the eggs and begin to stir. Don’t be impatient here, low and slow is best.
  4. Add a tablespoon of crème fraiche once you see the eggs begin to cook. I like to use a wooden spoon or spatula to get larger curds, but a fork will give you much smaller, with a looser silkier texture if that’s what you prefer.
  5. Keep cooking and stirring constantly. When the eggs look about three quarters done, take them off the heat and season with the salt and pepper. Keep stirring till they’re fully cooked and serve on buttered and toasted bread.

Scrambled eggs can be varied so much: I like mine with a side of roasted cherry tomatoes or made with fried mushrooms stirred through, but feel free to load up on the hash browns and bacon and tackle that hangover head on.

‘A Sunday Well Spent’ with Gino

‘A Sunday Well Spent’ with Gino

‘A Sunday Well Spent’ at INNSiDE Manchester by Melia includes a luxurious meal at First Street Bar and Kitchen.
Celebrate Pride month in style at Yotel

Celebrate Pride month in style at Yotel

Don’t miss out on trying Yotel’s new and affordable cocktail supporting LGBTQ+ charity Switchboard this June!
Wham, Bam, Thank You NAM!

Wham, Bam, Thank You NAM!

Izzy Langhamer takes a look at NAM’s new menu, Vietnamese food at the heart of the city’s food scene
Hello Oriental: Oxford Road’s newest addition

Hannah Wellock reviews Hello Oriental, the new bakery, restaurant and oriental food shop on Oxford Road, part of Circle Square.