hannahwellock

Cheap eats on campus!

Looking to get the most bang for your buck, here’s all you need to know about deals on campus!
Cheap eats on campus!
Photo: Hannah Wellock @ the Mancunion

The loan has just dropped, time to spend it on good food and drink! This is a low down of where to get all the best deals around campus! 

Starting off at the heart and soul of campus:

532

Found in the Students’ Union, 532 is the home to after-lecture pints, pub quizzes and society socials. To top it off, they’ve got you sorted with deals Monday through Saturday. 

Meat-free Monday kicks off the week with 50% off all things veggie, followed by two pints Tuesday, and happy hour Wednesday-Saturday. Grab discounts on cocktails, mocktails, beers and a few ciders during happy hour. Alternatively, if you’re at a society social, get offers on shots and food. 

With TV’s dotted around the bar, they regularly screen a selection of different sports events including football, cricket, and rugby to name a few. Their weekly pub quiz takes place on a Monday and often host music events such as open mics and band karaoke.

Kro Bar – Photo: Hannah Wellock @ the Mancunion

Turing Tap

Just down from the Students’ Union, you can find the Turing Tap which hosts 2-4-1 cocktails all day every day and you can sign up to be part of their UniCrew to receive various discounts. Their food deals include 2-for-1 Pizza Tuesdays, 30p Wings Wednesdays, Karaoke Wednesdays and regular themed quizzes.

Coming up is a Stranger Things Quiz on Thursday 27th October at 8pm and a Horror Movie Quiz on Monday 31st October also at 8pm. 

Kro Bar

Also opposite the SU is Kro Bar. Despite having no discounts on drinks, there’s lots available foodwise.

Find 2-4-1 food options Monday-Thursday, all-you-can-eat waffles on Saturdays, and a £9.95 (2 for £12.00) Roast Dinner on a Sunday. 

BrewDog

Next up we have BrewDog. Whilst they don’t have a happy hour, they have various deals throughout the week including Vegan Mondays, Wings Wednesdays, and Fizz Fridays.

BrewDog is also home to the best-kept secret on campus DeskDog – unlimited tea and coffee all day topped off with a pint at the end of a hard day studying all for £7.50.

In addition, they often host events including their weekly pub quiz on a Tuesday at 8pm.

The Font – Photo: Hannah Wellock @ the Mancunion

Sandbar, Courtyard, and The Font

Further down Oxford Road, we’ve got a whole variety of places.

Sandbar offers a pizza and a pint for £8 Monday-Friday 12-3pm.

Whilst Courtyard has no deals, the prices are dirt cheap. Think talking £2.50 cocktails.

The Font has a daily happy hour with £3.50 pints 4-7pm.  

Brickhouse Social

Last on the list is Brickhouse Social with their student deal all day every day. This includes free pool games, £2.50 pints, £3 spirit mixers, and some crazy deals on various bombs. 

Brickhouse Social
Brickhouse Social – Photo: Hannah Wellock @ the Mancunion

Christmas dinner alternatives

For those who are bored of the classic Christmas roast, here are some alternatives for your festive dinner with housemates or family

Freight Island: The Twilight Trail

Christmas may have arrived early with the launch of the spectacular “Twilight Trail” at Freight Island

Ten top tips for Freshers this flat Christmas

A step by step guide to hosting a successful Christmas dinner with your flat this winter

Have yourself a very merry spritzmas with these festive cocktail recipes

Gin-gle your way into Christmas with these five delicious cocktail recipes