hannahwellock

Cheap eats on campus!

Looking to get the most bang for your buck, here’s all you need to know about deals on campus!
Cheap eats on campus!
Photo: Hannah Wellock @ the Mancunion

The loan has just dropped, time to spend it on good food and drink! This is a low down of where to get all the best deals around campus! 

Starting off at the heart and soul of campus:

532

Found in the Students’ Union, 532 is the home to after-lecture pints, pub quizzes and society socials. To top it off, they’ve got you sorted with deals Monday through Saturday. 

Meat-free Monday kicks off the week with 50% off all things veggie, followed by two pints Tuesday, and happy hour Wednesday-Saturday. Grab discounts on cocktails, mocktails, beers and a few ciders during happy hour. Alternatively, if you’re at a society social, get offers on shots and food. 

With TV’s dotted around the bar, they regularly screen a selection of different sports events including football, cricket, and rugby to name a few. Their weekly pub quiz takes place on a Monday and often host music events such as open mics and band karaoke.

Kro Bar – Photo: Hannah Wellock @ the Mancunion

Turing Tap

Just down from the Students’ Union, you can find the Turing Tap which hosts 2-4-1 cocktails all day every day and you can sign up to be part of their UniCrew to receive various discounts. Their food deals include 2-for-1 Pizza Tuesdays, 30p Wings Wednesdays, Karaoke Wednesdays and regular themed quizzes.

Coming up is a Stranger Things Quiz on Thursday 27th October at 8pm and a Horror Movie Quiz on Monday 31st October also at 8pm. 

Kro Bar

Also opposite the SU is Kro Bar. Despite having no discounts on drinks, there’s lots available foodwise.

Find 2-4-1 food options Monday-Thursday, all-you-can-eat waffles on Saturdays, and a £9.95 (2 for £12.00) Roast Dinner on a Sunday. 

BrewDog

Next up we have BrewDog. Whilst they don’t have a happy hour, they have various deals throughout the week including Vegan Mondays, Wings Wednesdays, and Fizz Fridays.

BrewDog is also home to the best-kept secret on campus DeskDog – unlimited tea and coffee all day topped off with a pint at the end of a hard day studying all for £7.50.

In addition, they often host events including their weekly pub quiz on a Tuesday at 8pm.

The Font – Photo: Hannah Wellock @ the Mancunion

Sandbar, Courtyard, and The Font

Further down Oxford Road, we’ve got a whole variety of places.

Sandbar offers a pizza and a pint for £8 Monday-Friday 12-3pm.

Whilst Courtyard has no deals, the prices are dirt cheap. Think talking £2.50 cocktails.

The Font has a daily happy hour with £3.50 pints 4-7pm.  

Brickhouse Social

Last on the list is Brickhouse Social with their student deal all day every day. This includes free pool games, £2.50 pints, £3 spirit mixers, and some crazy deals on various bombs. 

Brickhouse Social
Brickhouse Social – Photo: Hannah Wellock @ the Mancunion

Hatch yourself a merry little Christmas!

It’s that time of year again and Hatch doesn’t disappoint in delivering plenty of festive cheer
Turtle Bay’s Late Night Happy Hour

Turtle Bay’s Late Night Happy Hour

Turtle Bay is offering students a free £10 for students to spend during their Late Night Happy Hour!
Strange Times calls for strange measures: The mystic brewery’s visions of the future

Strange Times brewery unveils its newest beer named by the public at the launch of its crowdfunder
Pie Night with The Great Northern Pie Co.

The Great Northern Pie Co. pies livened up our otherwise cold and quiet Thursday evening