Musicals of Manchester: February

Find out what musicals are coming to Manchester this February!
Musicals of Manchester: February
Photo: The Rocky Horror Show

Manchester has the greatest theatre scene outside of London. There’s numerous theatres, and a diverse selection of theatre (plays, cabaret, etc.), but musicals are, without a doubt, the most popular form of theatre. So here are the musicals coming to Manchester (and Salford) this February!

The Lion King

Palace Theatre

Thursday October 27 2022 – Saturday March 11 2023

“Set against the majesty of the Serengeti Plains and to the evocative rhythms of Africa, Disney’s multi award-winning musical is a unique theatrical experience that you will remember forever.”
Production shot
Photo: The Lion King

Head Over Heels

Hope Mill Theatre

Thursday January 26 – Saturday March 4

Head Over Heels is the bold new musical comedy from the visionaries that rocked Broadway with Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Avenue Q and Spring Awakening. This laugh-out-loud love story is set to the music of the iconic 1980’s all-female rock band The Go-Go’s, including the hit songs, ‘We Got the Beat,’ ‘Our Lips Are Sealed,’ ‘Vacation,’ Belinda Carlisle’s ‘Heaven is a Place on Earth’ and ‘Mad About You.’

A hilarious, exuberant celebration of love, Head Over Heels follows the escapades of a royal family on an outrageous journey to save their beloved kingdom from extinction—only to discover the key to their realm’s survival lies within each of their own hearts.”

Head Over Heels
Photo: Gartland Productions

Mamma Mia!

Opera House

Monday January 31 – Saturday February 11

“Set on a Greek island paradise, a story of love, friendship and identity is cleverly told through the timeless songs of ABBA.

Whatever age you are, you can’t help but have the time of your life at Mamma Mia!

Join us at Mamma Mai! and enjoy the ultimate feel-good factor at the world’s sunniest and most exhilarating smash-hit musical!

Sophie’s quest to discover the father she’s never known brings her mother face to face with three men from her distant romantic past on the eve of a wedding they’ll never forget.

Production shot
Photo: Mamma Mia!

The Rocky Horror Show

Opera House

Monday 20 – Saturday 25 February

“Ready to thrill you with fun and naughty moments, Richard O’Brien’s legendary rock ‘n’ roll musical, The Rocky Horror Show returns as part of a sell-out worldwide tour, having been seen by over 30 million theatregoers.

The Rocky Horror Show is the story of two squeaky clean college kids – Brad and his fiancée Janet. When by a twist of fate, their car breaks down outside a creepy mansion whilst on their way to visit their former college professor, they meet the charismatic Dr Frank’n’Furter. It is an adventure they’ll never forget, filled with fun, frolics, frocks, and frivolity.

Directed by Christopher Luscombe, The Rocky Horror Show is a night out everyone is invited to, featuring timeless classics, including ‘Sweet Transvestite’, ‘Damn it Janet’, and of course, the pelvic thrusting show stopping ‘Time Warp’.”

Production shot
Photo: The Rocky Horror Show

So, there you have it – a splendid selection of marvellous musicals to choose from! Stay tuned for what’s on in March.