claudia-canavan

Loving and Loathing: 15/09/11

What we’re loving and loathing in fashion this week.

Loving

American Apparel knit pencil skirts (£42, American Apparel) 

New for A/W, our favourite sweat shop free clothing destination has produced these fabulously flattering knitted pencil skirts in an array of hues. Perfect with a pair of opaque tights and ankle boots, or bare legs and heels for day to night transitioning.

Loathing

Ready attached braces

A recent traipse around Topman and H&M revealed a worrying plethora of trousers with ready affixed braces, usually in an offensively bright colour. Unless you are Chuck Bass and pull off the dapper/dandy look with aplomb, I beg you to leave these sad creations to be resigned to the sale rail, where they belong.

Claudia Canavan

Claudia Canavan

Former fashion editor (2011-2012).

Horticultured: Manchester Fashion Movement brings great clothes to the great outdoors

First Chanel’s Metiers D’Art took place in Manchester last December and now RHS Bridgewater’s Horticultured unfolded in Salford showcasing some fantastic local and sustainable brands

My favourite jeans: Student journalists share their top denim picks

Looking for the perfect jeans? Look no further! Our writers and editors share all their top tips and fave pairs

Celebrity Style Guide #8: Dua Lipa and Callum Turner

We explore the style of up-and-coming couple, musician Dua Lipa and actor Callum Turner, from their day-time outfits to their after-party looks

Glossier: Cult brand or profit machine?

Glossier were famed for their Balm Dotcom and Cloud Paint Blush, but with product prices rising during a cost-of-living crisis will their cult status last?