emily-clark
23rd September 2012

I’d rather have a bowl of… something else

Breakfast is no longer boring

Breakfast is now the most exciting meal of the day. I browsed the interweb for some weird recipes and decided to make my housemates these three most ridiculous breakfasts to help us wake up.

McMuffin and doughnut sandwich

This was a winner. Delicious meaty juices, egg and sugary bread mixing in with the surplus sugar of an iced doughnut. A hangover cure for sure. When I first heard of this ‘breakfast’ I was shocked but now I know how right it is to put a doughnut in the middle of a McMuffin.

Baked avocado egg

Get a ripe avocado (an impossible feat in itself). Then remove the stone inside by chopping it heavily with a sharp knife then twisting. Crack a raw egg into it and bake for 10 minutes at 200 °C then season and eat with a spoon. The warm avocado is a bit strange but I do love a good baked egg.

Spicy fruit with lime

This is a Mexican-inspired recipe that is very versatile. Any fruit is good; I used kiwis, pineapple, mango and strawberries. Add cayenne pepper or chilli powder to suit your taste, sea salt and the juice and zest of two limes. Be careful what type of chilli you use, by accident I used a mixed one with added cumin and oregano. Big mistake. When made properly, it’s wonderful, apparently.

Celebrate Pride month in style at Yotel

Celebrate Pride month in style at Yotel

Don’t miss out on trying Yotel’s new and affordable cocktail supporting LGBTQ+ charity Switchboard this June!
Wham, Bam, Thank You NAM!

Wham, Bam, Thank You NAM!

Izzy Langhamer takes a look at NAM’s new menu, Vietnamese food at the heart of the city’s food scene
Hello Oriental: Oxford Road’s newest addition

Hannah Wellock reviews Hello Oriental, the new bakery, restaurant and oriental food shop on Oxford Road, part of Circle Square.
Nibble NQ: A bite of joy

Nibble NQ: A bite of joy

Not to be missed, Nibble NQ is a treat for the tastebuds and is proudly female forward