emily-clark
23rd September 2012

I’d rather have a bowl of… something else

Breakfast is no longer boring

Breakfast is now the most exciting meal of the day. I browsed the interweb for some weird recipes and decided to make my housemates these three most ridiculous breakfasts to help us wake up.

McMuffin and doughnut sandwich

This was a winner. Delicious meaty juices, egg and sugary bread mixing in with the surplus sugar of an iced doughnut. A hangover cure for sure. When I first heard of this ‘breakfast’ I was shocked but now I know how right it is to put a doughnut in the middle of a McMuffin.

Baked avocado egg

Get a ripe avocado (an impossible feat in itself). Then remove the stone inside by chopping it heavily with a sharp knife then twisting. Crack a raw egg into it and bake for 10 minutes at 200 °C then season and eat with a spoon. The warm avocado is a bit strange but I do love a good baked egg.

Spicy fruit with lime

This is a Mexican-inspired recipe that is very versatile. Any fruit is good; I used kiwis, pineapple, mango and strawberries. Add cayenne pepper or chilli powder to suit your taste, sea salt and the juice and zest of two limes. Be careful what type of chilli you use, by accident I used a mixed one with added cumin and oregano. Big mistake. When made properly, it’s wonderful, apparently.

Another tequila bar lands in Manchester, as Casa Pomelo opens its doors in Freight Island

Casa Pomelo delivers an array of tequila-based cocktails, with George Clooney’s ‘Casamigos’ as the main ingredient

The Alchemist Cosmic Supper Club review: Unlocking celestial delights

The Alchemist have launched an exciting new way to experience their magic with the new Cosmic Supper Club

Brunch at Santé: A slice of sun

Santé offers the perfect spot for a sunny al fresco brunch, topped off with student-budget friendly deals and a brilliantly Mediterranean inspired menu

Giving ‘Too Good To Go’ a go!

Is ‘Too Good To Go’ the sustainable, money saving app that students need to download?