5) Twilight (every minute of every one): I have to confess I have never sat through longer than seven seconds of any of the Twilight films, I don’t even know how many there are. Seven seconds is more than enough to conclude that any man who has sat through a Twilight film would be reduced to uncontrollable tears.
4) Saving Private Ryan: This is the curveball of the five because it’s a compelling all-action World War II blockbuster, not your traditional tearjerker. But, a combination of Spielberg’s enthralling opening scene at Normandy, along with the heroic deaths of many comrades-in-arms, results in an overwhelming emotional experience.
3) Green Mile: Tom Hanks’ wonderful performance as the inspirational prison guard will leave his male viewers weeping uncontrollably. This is a film with great character development mixed with a compelling story; add in an array of fantastic performances, and the result, a perfect cocktail to shed a tear.
2) One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest: A simply wonderful and engrossing film with an ending that will cause even the toughest of lads to reach for the Kleenex. The ray of sunlight that emerges from such a dark and depressing ending only intensifies the low-pitched sobbing.
1) Bambi: Describing this film as the biggest tearjerker of all time is understating the affect this seventy-year-old Disney classic has had on many men. A tale of a young deer whose mother is shot by hunters, Bambi portrayed every child’s biggest fear, and this fear can resurface at any time resulting in grown men blubbering at a cartoon.