dana-fowles
3rd October 2012

Tales from between the bedsheets

This week… the longest you have ever been without sex.

Harry

18 years until I lost my virginity! I guess you can’t miss what you’ve never had…

Edd

A couple of months; I was in a long distance relationship. I think that having to wait made the sex better!

Katie

Two different year long periods. I just got used to it by the end.

Josh

I’m in a long term relationship, so luckily I haven’t had to go without sex for longer than a week or two for ages!

Meg

Five months is my longest sex drought. It was traumatic, but thankfully an angel from above came to my rescue.

Hannah

About three months. Those three months were awful.

Dom

I haven’t had sex since June and its now October. In all honesty, I am beginning to worry that I’m never going to get any ever again, but perhaps that’s a little dramatic.

Izzy

It was six months for me. I really don’t know how I coped. Those were bad times.

Matt

A few weeks, I don’t know how people can go without it for months or even years at a time!

Cara

I once waited two years after a particularly bad break up. Sex isn’t the be all and end all for me. Looking back, those two years were hassle free!

Charlotte

A few months, it wasn’t too bad.

Callum

Between my last relationship and my current one, I waited 10 months to have sex. It didn’t really bother me. In fact, it was well worth the wait. I knew I didn’t want to go out and have one night stands. I think that sex is always better when its with someone you really like.

Emily

I haven’t had sex in about six weeks. At the moment the withdrawal symptoms aren’t too bad, but I hope that it doesn’t last too much longer!

Dana Fowles

Dana Fowles

TWEETING @DanaFowles By day: Lifestyle editor at The Mancunion, aspiring women’s magazine journalist. By night: Lover of gay men and Canal St, prone to believing I am Beyonce on the d floor (embarrassing).

Getting involved: Volunteering at the Booth Centre

Getting involved in volunteering can help you feel more connected to Manchester and support the local community, here’s one writer’s experience

‘An audio treat’: The Mancunion’s favourite podcasts

Whether you’re looking to keep up with current affairs, celebrity gossip or even Formula 1, we’ve got you covered with our top pick of podcasts

A ‘quarter-life crisis’?: Finding your feet after a break-up

Do you feel like you are experiencing a ‘quarter-life crisis’ in your final year? Have you experienced a break-up? Read on to find out how you can find your feet in these (perhaps not so) difficult times

Little luxuries that make uni life more bearable

Treat yourself! Life as a university student isn’t always easy, but some things can make it that little bit more enjoyable