chloe-letcher

Loving and Loathing Spring 2013

Chloe Letcher on the biggest hits and misses of the new season.

Loving- Jewel Colours

After what feels like an extremely long winter, I’m happy to be putting my coats/fur/boots away in preparation for spring. Bright colours recently dominated the catwalks at Fashion Week, with designers such as Burberry and Gucci really embracing the trend. Nothing encapsulates Spring 2013 better than jewel colours; think along the lines of azure blue, bright pinks and turquoise and you’re on the right track to a brighter spring wardrobe.

vogue.com

Loathing- Leather

After losing count of the amount of wet-look leggings I’ve encountered on nights out in the last couple of years, I can safely say I’m tired of leather. Clearly the likes of Derek Lam and Proenza Shouler disagree on this matter, as luxe-leather was a prominent trend in their collections. However, there is nothing worse than having an item of clothing cling to your skin in the approaching warm weather. Dump the grunge and embrace the sheer, floaty materials that are beginning to infiltrate the high street this spring.

Vivienne Westwood: The ‘Queen of British Fashion’ and her orb

We take a look at the life and works of the much-loved Dame Vivienne Westwood, from visiting Buckingham Palace commando to telling people not to buy clothes. Who was the Queen of fashion?

Make-up Soc’s guide to Winter glam

Check out the President of Makeup Society’s guide to winter glam makeup for the holiday season this year

In the Beauty Bag #11: Union Affairs Officer Sam Bronheim

Recent graduate and SU representative Sam Bronheim shares her beauty journey, tips she learnt from her mom and makeup bargains

Frosty elf chic: From the runway to TikTok, this seasons Winter trends

Winter trends are back with a boom and this year has seen a real change-up in Winter uniform, taking inspiration from several time periods, weather, and designer favourites from the runway