angus-harrison

Top 5 Movie Drinks

This Freshers’ Week there is a high chance you might drink some alcohol, so why not use that opportunity to get really cinematic?

Alcohol has long run through the veins of cinema, inspiring Fear and Loathing in “all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world”. Even this summer, Edgar Wright’s The World’s End took Simon Pegg and Nick Frost on a precarious pub crawl that left the fate of humanity at the bottom of a pint glass. This fresher’s week there is a high chance you might drink some alcohol, so why not use that opportunity to get really cinematic? Here are our top 5 movie inspired concoctions and beverages to help make your freshers week both shaken and stirred.

5. Chianti – Silence of the Lambs – Wine produced in the Chianti region of Tuscany. Best served with fava beans. Avoid drinking with cannibalistic psychiatrists.

4. Sweet Vermouth on the rocks with a twist – Groundhog Day – A drink so good you’ll order it over and over and over again.

3. Lighter Fluid – Withnail & I – However broke you get this week, please don’t actually drink lighter fluid. It doesn’t taste very nice.

2. Suntory Whiskey – Lost in Translation – Perfect for long, lonely trips to Japan with Scarlett Johansson. For relaxing times, make it Suntory time.

1. White Russian – The Big Lebowski – Vodka, Kahlua and Milk. The dude abides. Feel free to pay for the milk with a cheque.

Drink responsibly and have a Superbad week!

Cosy up with Backyard Cinema this Autumn

A preview of Backyard Cinema, the immersive movie experience coming to Manchester this Autumn.
Comfort films and TV shows to cure the freshers blues

Freshers week and moving to university can be a daunting experience even for the most excited fresher so The Mancunion’s On-screen team have got a list of the films and TV shows they turn to for comfort when feeling blue!
Cannes 2022: Armageddon Time and understanding your privilege

James Gray’s Armageddon Time is a heartbreaking story of a young boy who begins to understand his privilege growing up in 1980s New York.
Cannes 2022: Triangle of Sadness and ridiculing the rich

Palme-d’Or-winning Triangle of Sadness is a wild, cynical satire ridiculing the rich in all possible ways.