anna-sopel

One skirt, three ways

Anna Sopel advises on how to make your favorite leather skirt suitable for every occasion.

The ever so versatile leather skirt is a modern wardrobe staple. Like any item of clothing that will be worn over the years, in multiple ways and for varying occasions, it is worth investing in. This is a simple leather pencil skirt from H&M that set me back £79.99, but was worth every penny. The high street is overflowing with some brilliant ones, for the best skirts look to All Saints, Whistles and Miss Selfridge.

The leather skirt is probably most suited to an evening look. This leather skirt has seen me through most pre-night out ‘I have nothing to wear’ panic attacks. This flattering pencil style will hold you in and accentuate your waist, whilst the leather fabric instantly adds some glamour. Here I’ve paired it with a bright crop top and heels for ideal drinking/ dining/ dancing attire.

Anyone who has walked into a high street shop will notice that ‘punk’ is having a bit of a moment. Your leather skirt will be your best-friend to emulate this current fashion. Worn here with a plaid shirt (of which there are also no shortage on thehigh street), a pair of dirty converse and a studded bag, the leather skirt proves to be perfectly on trend.

As gloomy winter days approach, the leather skirt will instantly refresh your winter wardrobe. Dig out your chunkiest winter knits and throw on top of a leather skirt for a stylish clash of textures and shapes. Worn here with an oversized jumper, a bright scarf, tights and boots- who knew the leather skirt could be so comfy and practical?

Celebrity Style Guide #5: Beabadoobee

We explore the unique style of young artist Bea Laus AKA Beabadoobee

The big logo trend: Where does it stand in 2024?

As logos take a backseat on the runway and in our wardrobes, our emphasis is shifting more towards quality and style

On screen style report #7: Monica Geller

What would Monica Geller be wearing in 2024?

Celebrity style guide #4: Chappell Roan

‘My mini-skirt and my go-go boots’ – the iconic style guide of pop singer Chappell Roan